Page 1 of 1

Ball joints/caster

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:58 am
by ocejo
I am looking to order some ball joints from Rockauto but don't know what to get as far caster/camber. I see so many results come up as far as eccentrics, bushings, cams. What are you all running on your setup. I'm currently running 4" coils with drop brackets and heimed radius arms.

Re: Ball joints/caster

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:15 pm
by shockseals.com
drop bracket kits shouldn't require cams.

Re: Ball joints/caster

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:19 pm
by ocejo
My issue is that the brackets were made for 6" coil. Now with the 4's its not straight

Re: Ball joints/caster

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:27 pm
by ChaseTruck754
That 2" difference may be a stretch for a cam to compensate for. You have a few options:

1) Get 6" coils

2) Get 4" drop brackets

3) Get the largest angle adjustable cam you can find & try it. It MAY be able to fix the alignment issue, but it may not.

Re: Ball joints/caster

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:57 pm
by ocejo
6" coils didn't really like them

4" drip brackets, may be an option

Largest cam, would I just order the cam alone?

Re: Ball joints/caster

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:17 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Ballpoints don't change per the ride height. They are what they are for the truck. So the only real variable in what you are doing is the alignment cam. I said get the adjustable as I'm not sure what angle would be needed to compensate for the 2" drop.

Re: Ball joints/caster

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:45 pm
by AussieRod
ocejo wrote:6" coils didn't really like them

4" drip brackets, may be an option

Largest cam, would I just order the cam alone?
You dont have an option. Using cams to correct your current problem will only create new problems. You will need the radius arm drops (if fitted, unless the radius arms are the longer variety) and drop brackets to suit the coils you have, or use 6" coils. Dont cheap out, fix the problem properly.