Page 1 of 1

Thermostat issue

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:58 pm
by CB95XLT
So long story short I swapped the blown stock rad for a new x2 row unit....then I noticed the truck temp gauge wouldn't move....so I thought stat....I am guessing as to this is where the stat would be located? But there wasn't one.....am I in the right spot?

Re: Thermostat issue

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:00 pm
by CB95XLT
Here is a pic of the back side. It looks to have a resessed ridge for the lip of a setts to sit in...but idk

Re: Thermostat issue

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:53 pm
by Mojo
Yes you're in the right spot!!! They're should be a thermostat in there.....

Re: Thermostat issue

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:31 pm
by 300
Is it still stuck in the manifold? It usually sticks to one or the other.

Re: Thermostat issue

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:52 pm
by Rmc
Previous owner could have removed it instead of replacing it?

Re: Thermostat issue

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:36 pm
by CB95XLT
Must have....well new problem....now that I installed a new tstat.....I topped the rad off with fluid....started her up and.........fluid started pouring out by what I'm guessing is the heater core? The blk box on the pass side with the heat stuff on it....I can't really see where it's leaking out but that's the general location...... So I guess I'm effed for now til I find out how to replace or just delete it all together....what do you suggest? I just bought this thing and I'm really getting down on it now...

Re: Thermostat issue

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:28 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Sounds like a heater core. Should be able to do a google search & come up with a video or post showing how to replace.

Shouldn't be expensive just a little time consuming.

Re: Thermostat issue

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:19 pm
by hobbyturnedobsession
Its the heater core. 22 bucks pop out the glove box. It'll take you maybe 20 minutes.

Re: Thermostat issue

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:58 pm
by Gilbee01
If you putting on a Tstat caused the core to blow maybe it's not just your core but a cloves system and poor tubing.. I reccomend going over the tubing for rot or cracks and a flush before installing .

Re: Thermostat issue

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:59 pm
by Gilbee01
*** whole system *** not clove

Re: Thermostat issue

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:26 pm
by funinthesun95
just bypass/ (delete) the heater core for now.....to test

the two hoses that run above the AC/heater blower into the fire wall right below the hood hinge/ mount bolts on firewall. Just pull the holes and connect then to each other it will finish the loop and bypass the heater core and help you find any issue for now.