Range out of your bronco and carrying extra fuel?

Seabass
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Range out of your bronco and carrying extra fuel?

Post by Seabass »

First how far are you guys getting out of a tank on go fast adventures? and how much and where do you carry any extra fuel? I'm thinking of modifying my stock tire carrier to hold two 5 gallon jerry cans and keep the spare inside. Thoughts?
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Re: Range out of your bronco and carrying extra fuel?

Post by bajascott »

I get just.under 180 miles off road going easy. I would think twice about putting gas on the stock tire carrier. Look into a new rear bumper set up like kris(shockseals) has on his.....
Seabass
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Post by Seabass »

Ideally that is what I would do. I've already had to fix torn sheet metal from the factory spare :cry: Currently don't have access to a shop to fab at and certainly can't afford to have one built right now.
baja-chris

Post by baja-chris »

I used to get 5 mpg doing go fast preruns with the stock worn out 351.

Now my big stroker has more than twice the power and I get 6 mpg, a 20% improvement in mileage along with 100% improvement in power. Not bad, eh? Best I've done on the highway with the new engine is 7.5 mpg. C6, loose converter, 9" rear end, lifted, low gears, big heavy tires, lots of extra weight (cage pit boxes winch etc) - every one of those things hurts mileage.

I replaced the stock 32 gal tank with a 45 gal unit from NWMP. I also carry two 5 gal gas cans. Can do 300 miles if I must, which is double the range I had before without gas cans, with the stock tank, and stock engine.