Lately my c-6 Which (hasn't done that many miles) is really struggling when first starting and any time I'm in reverse (problem gets a lot worse in reverse on inclines).
It's not like its revving the engine really hard and slipping. I can put my foot flat to the boards and in reverse it feels like I'm trying to start in 3rd on a hill. Any ideas?
The torque converter was not changed when the transmission went in but I have a new one sitting in the garage. Fluid level is fine also.
C-6 sluggish
- boostedpgt
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:27 pm
- Bronco Info: 92 eddie bauer
- Location: jacksonville, fl
Re: C-6 sluggish
try manually shifting it. if you can manually put it in 1st and it feels fine that valve in the tail shaft is stuck. can't remember what it is called thought, been a while since i messed with one. but it basically controls the automatic downshifting of the trans, if it is stuck you will be staring out in like 2nd gear when you put it in regular drive.
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: C-6 sluggish
I believe thats the governer valve, it senses output shaft speed to tell the valvebody mot to downshift until the speed is under a certain limit (so the rea end doenst lock up). Its also used to program the upshift at WOT IIRCboostedpgt wrote:try manually shifting it. if you can manually put it in 1st and it feels fine that valve in the tail shaft is stuck. can't remember what it is called thought, been a while since i messed with one. but it basically controls the automatic downshifting of the trans, if it is stuck you will be staring out in like 2nd gear when you put it in regular drive.
Re: C-6 sluggish
Thanks guys. I'll check that but the problem is worst in reverse. Will the governor valve being stuck cause this problem in reverse also?
