C6 conversion question

User avatar
fordf100amc
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:43 am
Bronco Info: 91 bronco

C6 conversion question

Post by fordf100amc »

Hey everyone, i have a 91 bronco that i converted to a c6 already from a E4OD. Everything is working good. Is there any way to trick the computer to make it think its in neutral? I took off the gear selector sensor that was on the e4od and spun it till i found neutral. zipped tied it and stuck it under the truck. Everything seems to be working fine but if that sensor fails im stuck, is there another way to do this?
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by bajascott »

I took all of the computer crap and threw it away.carb,c-6 /208 t-case. Problem solved.....scepticism for the 208,I'm happy......
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
boostedpgt
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:27 pm
Bronco Info: 92 eddie bauer
Location: jacksonville, fl

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by boostedpgt »

just jump the two wires that are active for nuetral on the MPLS. i can look under my 92 and see what wires it is if needed.
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by Andy Jones »

What all is involved in doing the c6 swap? I have 95 with an e4od. What will I have to change out in order to make this set up work??.
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

C6 conversion question

Post by robertcrav »

What does this gain you?
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by AussieRod »

robertcrav wrote:What does this gain you?
Well, no overheating, expensive and problematic electronic overdrive overweight POS :D (+ about 600 rpm on the freeway) :lol:
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by Andy Jones »

robertcrav wrote:What does this gain you?
Built trans.. manual valve body.. and can still get an od converter.
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by philofab »

AussieRod wrote:
robertcrav wrote:What does this gain you?
Well, no overheating, expensive and problematic electronic overdrive overweight POS :D (+ about 600 rpm on the freeway) :lol:
One bad experience in Mexico....
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by AussieRod »

philofab wrote:
AussieRod wrote:
robertcrav wrote:What does this gain you?
Well, no overheating, expensive and problematic electronic overdrive overweight POS :D (+ about 600 rpm on the freeway) :lol:
One bad experience in Mexico....
Hahahaha, touche' :D
I have a second chance to learn again, though ;) I HAVE learned from my experience :D
I'll revise my statement:
Replacing a 4 speed overdrive trans that, while good in many applications, is prone to overheating damage, sensor malfunction (MLPS, speed sensor, ECU failure, fuse failure, etc) and expensive to rebuild to be reliable with high power to a simple, no nonsense, hydraulic, manual valve body capable, but non- overdrive trans thats cheaper to build for high power but not so good (rpm & mpg) for highway running with lo gearing.
Is that better? :lol:
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by philofab »

I guess. My E4OD went 190K or so before a rebuild. That was with half it's life turning 35-37" tires and towing 10K. I can't keep a C6 together to save my life though.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Froggmann
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco sorta ex DD, ex Chase Truck, in retirement. Nick (Brokenbronco) knows me.

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by Froggmann »

philofab wrote:I guess. My E4OD went 190K or so before a rebuild. That was with half it's life turning 35-37" tires and towing 10K. I can't keep a C6 together to save my life though.

230,000 miles on my original. Only reason why I had it done is because I started getting a vibration after trying to pull out a brodozer in Glamis. I basically egg-shaped the internal bushings. Should have got even more mileage out of it but I had a U-joint that failed making me think the tranny was going to give up the ghost.
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by Andy Jones »

So will the transfer case that I'm running still work with a c6 swap ?
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by AussieRod »

Andy Jones wrote:So will the transfer case that I'm running still work with a c6 swap ?
Yes, but you will need to re-position the x member, shorten the front driveshaft and lengthen the rear. The C6 is shorter than the E4OD.
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by Andy Jones »

AussieRod wrote:
Andy Jones wrote:So will the transfer case that I'm running still work with a c6 swap ?
Yes, but you will need to re-position the x member, shorten the front driveshaft and lengthen the rear. The C6 is shorter than the E4OD.
Thanks Rod!. I'm familiar with moving the x member and doing the driveshaft deal. Just wanted to make sure the t-case would still work. I'm starting to mess with the idea of a 347 blueprint stroker motor!
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: C6 conversion question

Post by AussieRod »

Andy Jones wrote:
AussieRod wrote:
Andy Jones wrote:So will the transfer case that I'm running still work with a c6 swap ?
Yes, but you will need to re-position the x member, shorten the front driveshaft and lengthen the rear. The C6 is shorter than the E4OD.
Thanks Rod!. I'm familiar with moving the x member and doing the driveshaft deal. Just wanted to make sure the t-case would still work. I'm starting to mess with the idea of a 347 blueprint stroker motor!
No probs, Andy. :D Go for the stroker, I like the small engine package the 302/247 combo gives, and with aluminum heads, its nice and light (less wear and tear on the front suspension components.) Personally, although I'm not a fan of the E4OD, I'll make sure to fit dual coolers and a temp gauge on the F250 once I get over to pick it up.
Post Reply