Page 1 of 2

Rear Seat Options

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:55 am
by Wood
So I found a mastercraft bench seat I might pick up for my bronco. But I don't know if I would rather have 2 seats in the rear, or one bench seat. Anyone have an opinion on this? I definitely need a four seats total, not the common 3 seat configuration.

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:01 am
by ChaseTruck754
I've gone back & forth on this when thinking about my supercab. Buckets are a bit more secure/comfy, even is a beard/mastercraft/whatever type bench is used, but a bench also allows squeezing a 3rd kid in there possibly if needed from time to time...

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:21 am
by Silverslk
I think both are great. It really depends on packaging. Some may prefer the seat in one larger location while other prefer to have them separated to give room for other items being stored in the back area.

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:23 am
by greaslife
iam going with 2 kids seats

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:34 am
by bajascott
I have a 36 inch bench in the back of my bronco .I can fit 2 adults ,or 2 kids comfortablyI can also get back there curl up in a ball and sleep somewhat comfortably .I thought about putting 2 seats back there ,but decided on the bench I can strap a cooler in there securely with the seat belts and still have bed space in the back .

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:36 pm
by Polarcub
FWIW I believe it boils down to personal preference but i am going with two buckets to open up some storage options that I cannot acheive with a bench. The downfall is that you lose the ability to fold the factory bench if going to an aftermarket bench the point there is moot...then its if you need to open up some storage space for an inside spare or cooler between the seats.

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:58 pm
by D1cker1
Personal preference..
I like the bench al though 2 buckets would provide room for my snowboard

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:07 pm
by hobbyturnedobsession
I am running a Rhino bench in mine. Its simple, the mount will be easy to remove so my chase rack can be dropped in, I have a place to curl up, and I can fit two adults who can easily see out the windshield since the seats sit staggered with the narrowed bench. I don't get the room in the middle but it does open up my options with running my shocks through the floor at a later date.

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:47 pm
by shockseals.com
my vote and removable in less than 10 minutes for chasing the 1000 or just needing more room.

Ive yet to go on a run and not have the rear occupants fall asleep regardless if pounding whoops for miles or washboard... With the factory bench they would get hammered on by the belt and couldnt go to sleep. With this set up they are tight and secure and fall right asleep if they want to.

Image

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:10 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Kris - how easy is it for them to get back there with that cross bar the headsets are hanging on? Does the pass seat tilt up/forward or something?

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:59 pm
by Polarcub
I like that setup alot Kris....Gives me a few more ideas to ponder.

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:43 pm
by greaslife
me too thats what i plan on doing one day

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 pm
by shockseals.com
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Kris - how easy is it for them to get back there with that cross bar the headsets are hanging on? Does the pass seat tilt up/forward or something?
depends how much they drink...

THe front seats are stock so they slide and tilt.

I can get my bigass back there fairly easy. the only time it sucks to get in the back is on a trail run where we are in and out of the car a TON of times...then it sucks.

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:55 pm
by tcm glx
shockseals.com wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Kris - how easy is it for them to get back there with that cross bar the headsets are hanging on? Does the pass seat tilt up/forward or something?
depends how much they drink...

THe front seats are stock so they slide and tilt.

I can get my bigass back there fairly easy. the only time it sucks to get in the back is on a trail run where we are in and out of the car a TON of times...then it sucks.

They look like they passed out, not fell asleep hahaha

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:51 pm
by shockseals.com
tcm glx wrote:
shockseals.com wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Kris - how easy is it for them to get back there with that cross bar the headsets are hanging on? Does the pass seat tilt up/forward or something?
depends how much they drink...

THe front seats are stock so they slide and tilt.

I can get my bigass back there fairly easy. the only time it sucks to get in the back is on a trail run where we are in and out of the car a TON of times...then it sucks.

They look like they passed out, not fell asleep hahaha
You may be right

Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 pm
by Randyg12
How far forward are you all moving the rear seats to accommodate the shocks through the floor? Obviously with a good shock ratio.

I have some 16in 2 tube king bypasses I plan on using with some deavers but if I have to push the seats to far forward I'm gonna scrap that and roll with 12in shocks.

It will be with a bucket bench seat.

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 pm
by bajascott
my shocks comp thru and run right at the back of the seat. it is in the stock position(the seat) they are 14"

Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:12 pm
by Wood
Thanks for the feedback guys...pretty much the pros and cons I have thought of.
I went ahead and picked up the seat I found on Craigslist. Price was pretty good.
It is just 40" wide which will keep heads away from the diagonal cage bars and provide a better view out the windshield since that's narrower than front seats. I want to make it easily removable and I will probably ly have to add a removable cross bar for shoulder belts too.
There is already a removable bar behind front seats.

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:08 am
by Polarcub
As far as the shocks go you can achieve good angles with the back seat in the stock position mine are very similiar to scotts and I run a short body 14 quad bypass a 16 will fit.

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:47 am
by cs_drums
Bajascott- did you make or buy your rear light bar? How does it attach to the shell? I'm looking into building/buying a similar set up. Thanks