Mine is weak, plastic is faded, and I wanna upgrade!
Was wondering if anyone has come across a cool dome light setup? It would be cool to wire one up in the back of the Bronco too.
Dome light
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Dome light
@cwriz
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Dome light
From what I have seen the dome lights out of the late 90's to 2000's taurus and similar car type ones work well and are a simple swap.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
Re: Dome light
Get a light for an RV. Less than $20, standard 1156 bulb, bright as shit. Put toggles into the lens and wire into factory wiring so they are still activated by door/headlight switch and have an on-off.
I did two in front and have 1 going in the rear since the factory rear one sucks.
I did two in front and have 1 going in the rear since the factory rear one sucks.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Dome light
Mine came out of a 2000'ish superduty.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Dome light
Most Ford dome lights use the same mounting pattern. My truck didn't come with a rear dome light so I added one. I used another light from the front of a Bronco.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
-
vegasff13
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:51 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 XLT 5.8 4in Rancho with 33in BFGs
Re: Dome light
If what Philo said is correct chect out Recon lighting. They have a very nice LED dome for superdutys that I am sure you could make work.
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Dome light
@cwriz
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Dome light
This is what I used in my Falcon. It's cheap and super bright. You can wire it right to the stock wires or possibly use one of the adapters it comes with (I wired mine in).
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t10-ba9s-f ... bulb-18060
There are a bunch of different sizes. Search for "dome lamp". I plan to add another at the rear of the falcon and install them in my tent trailer in place of the incandescent bulbs. You could probably leave these on for a couple weeks without drain the battery.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t10-ba9s-f ... bulb-18060
There are a bunch of different sizes. Search for "dome lamp". I plan to add another at the rear of the falcon and install them in my tent trailer in place of the incandescent bulbs. You could probably leave these on for a couple weeks without drain the battery.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Re: Dome light
Any body have the recon? How does the brightness compare with stock?
PaulW
PaulW

