Page 1 of 1

Front tube bumper

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:00 pm
by jrock24
I am planning on building a front tube bumper, prerunner style of course.

Is 1 1/2 x 1/8 HREW tube strong enough? I can get a 20' stick for about $40 bucks.

Should the light tabs be welded in front or behind the main bar?

Re: Front tube bumper

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:52 am
by navynuke
I generally prefer light tabs behind, in such a way that if you push someone with the bumper your lights should be safe from damage. just my .02 though.

Re: Front tube bumper

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:31 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
If it is for a bronco 1.5" will look small. I would use 1.75" OD, .120 wall will be fine. Mount the lights behind.

Re: Front tube bumper

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:31 pm
by SteveG
You could use 1.75" for the main tube and 1.5" for the supports, hoop, etc.

Re: Front tube bumper

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:38 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
SteveG wrote:You could use 1.75" for the main tube and 1.5" for the supports, hoop, etc.
Better/More detailed advise. Seconded.

Re: Front tube bumper

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:37 am
by CBDuner
I used 2" for the main tube and 1.5" for the light hoop and support bars. 1.5" for everything will look too small. Mine is all .120 DOM.