Body mounts.
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Body mounts.
How do I remove the stock mounts from the frame without lighting them on fire?
Are they 2 piece?
Are mine just rusted together?
Am I stupid?
Should I buy a Cheby?
Are they 2 piece?
Are mine just rusted together?
Am I stupid?
Should I buy a Cheby?
Re: Body mounts.
Well stupid (you asked
), you need to pull up the carpet and access the bolts from there. You may want to spray the bolts with WD 40 or something of that nature. You will need to jack up the body slightly to get the top part of the mount out.
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Body mounts.
Not that stupid...... Have bolts out, body is up, need to get rubber part out of frame. There is a washer on the top that has a sleeve that looks like it goes all the way through the mount with the washer/nut attached to the other side. Does this come apart?
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Body mounts.
BDKW1 wrote:Not that stupid...... Have bolts out, body is up, need to get rubber part out of frame. There is a washer on the top that has a sleeve that looks like it goes all the way through the mount with the washer/nut attached to the other side. Does this come apart?
Its a set of two sleeves that are usually fused together. Chris and I just spoke about this the other day, he even took some pictures.
You need to drill it out, I believe a uni bit is the tool of choice.
-
Conejoracer
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:26 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 5.8, Beater
- Location: Venice, ca
Re: Body mounts.
Mine were fused, and it was a chore to separate them. I used an air chisel to slowly work around the inner part of the sleeve. The material is thin, so it took some time to do it without destroying them. In the end, the four cab mounts I replaced all came out okay and were reusable. The total time was less than three hours to get it done.
- navynuke
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 pm
- Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies
- Location: Durham, NC
- Contact:
Re: Body mounts.
I replaced mine, using this method.
pull bolts out, insert long bolt from the top, and thread in a little, then proceed to beat the tar out of it with a sledge, and liberal use of PB Blaster

this half of the mount will pop out the bottom

picture of the inner sleeves with new bushings, bottom part is on the right

hope that helps some
Ken
pull bolts out, insert long bolt from the top, and thread in a little, then proceed to beat the tar out of it with a sledge, and liberal use of PB Blaster

this half of the mount will pop out the bottom

picture of the inner sleeves with new bushings, bottom part is on the right

hope that helps some
Ken
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Body mounts.
All right, it is two pieces. Now that helps. OK, I'm off to do battle.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Body mounts.
Remove the bolts from the top side.
Thread the bolts in from the bottom side.
Use an air chisel with a punch from the top side to drive the two halves apart.
Mine came out super easy. But, my truck and mounts had virtually no rust.
Thread the bolts in from the bottom side.
Use an air chisel with a punch from the top side to drive the two halves apart.
Mine came out super easy. But, my truck and mounts had virtually no rust.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: Body mounts.
Aint nothin' can't be fixed with a BFH!

- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Body mounts.
Uhhh, yes it is... Drill the worthless POS out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HATE the fooking POS things! I may say it one more time just because I don't think I've gotten my true hatred for this crap design across yet
This body mount laughed at my 20 lb. sledge when I was beating the piss out of it with the method mentioned above. I ended up cutting the POS apart to get it out. My stainless drift is still wedged into the damed thing and will not come out. I'll be cutting the body mount thing apart even more later to cut it out.

Drilling them out makes short work of them...



I HATE the fooking POS things! I may say it one more time just because I don't think I've gotten my true hatred for this crap design across yet
This body mount laughed at my 20 lb. sledge when I was beating the piss out of it with the method mentioned above. I ended up cutting the POS apart to get it out. My stainless drift is still wedged into the damed thing and will not come out. I'll be cutting the body mount thing apart even more later to cut it out.
Drilling them out makes short work of them...



Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Body mounts.
Ken aka Navynuke,
Did your new sleeves slide in together easily? Because the set I received from LMC are super tight and won't go all the way in. Just curious, maybe they sent me the wrong set.
Chris
Did your new sleeves slide in together easily? Because the set I received from LMC are super tight and won't go all the way in. Just curious, maybe they sent me the wrong set.
Chris
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Body mounts.
They are a press type fit Chris. They lock in totally once you tighten the bolt down in them.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Body mounts.
Good to know because I have a new set for the silver Bronco and they look like they are going to fit tight into eachother.ChaseTruck754 wrote:They are a press type fit Chris. They lock in totally once you tighten the bolt down in them.
Chris
- navynuke
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 pm
- Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies
- Location: Durham, NC
- Contact:
Re: Body mounts.
I reused the old sleeves, mine actually pounded out quite well, gotta love AZ rust free trucks. All I replaced were the actual bushings themselves.
Ken
Ken
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Body mounts.
The wedge probably spread the sleeve internally making it that much harder to remove.ChaseTruck754 wrote:My stainless drift is still wedged into the damed thing and will not come out.
I managed to work around them for the mean time. I now have a 32 gallon tank in the back of the F250, along with the rear cross member from the Bronco. I had always though Bronco frames were the same as F250 frame, just shorter. There are actually quite a few deferences....... Now if I could just get the sending unit to read right.......
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Body mounts.
Ford has stupid frame differences between the F-150, 205 and 350, let alone the 2wd to 4wd differences. Makes life really annoying at times.
And yes my drift seems to have spread the sleeve a bit. Again F this shit design!
And yes my drift seems to have spread the sleeve a bit. Again F this shit design!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- poolman
- Posts: 179
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco,Body off reconstruction. Auto Fab suspension,mix of 84-96 parts.
- Location: Yuma, Az 85365
- Contact:
Body mounts
Anybody had their entire body off? I wanted to know if anybody had a picture of the new mounts? I'm in the process of re-installing the body to the chassis but missing two of the upper pieces. I bought everything LMC had in stock. Any help or links appreciated,pm
- Attachments
-
- 050111 013 (800x600) (640x480).jpg (196.46 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
84 Bronco 351W,C-6,9 Inch,Work in process
83 Bronco 302,C-6,8.8, beater for parts
94 Bronco roller for parts
91 F150 4x4for parts
96 Bronco for parts
84 Bronco for 351W
83 Bronco 302,C-6,8.8, beater for parts
94 Bronco roller for parts
91 F150 4x4for parts
96 Bronco for parts
84 Bronco for 351W
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Body mounts
Just saw this in Barge's thread. Not sure if it helps or not.


Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Body mounts.
Those body mounts were in primo shape, I figured it would be easier to buy new ones than get them out.........
