Page 1 of 1

Shift kit options for E4OD

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:45 am
by Conejoracer
What are the options for improving the slow shifting E4OD? Are the basic kits (B&M, Transgo, etc.) okay, or is a custom valve body better? In some of these kits, I see a heavy duty and competition option. How hard are the shifts with the competition option? Is there an option to modify how long the transmission holds a gear before shifting, as my transmission likes to shift early most times unless using very heavy throttle? I have a 5.8, E4OD, 4:56 gears, and 35"s on my Bronco.

Re: Shift kit options for E4OD

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:52 am
by philofab
Conejoracer wrote:What are the options for improving the slow shifting E4OD? Are the basic kits (B&M, Transgo, etc.) okay, or is a custom valve body better? In some of these kits, I see a heavy duty and competition option. How hard are the shifts with the competition option? Is there an option to modify how long the transmission holds a gear before shifting, as my transmission likes to shift early most times unless using very heavy throttle? I have a 5.8, E4OD, 4:56 gears, and 35"s on my Bronco.
E4ODs are electronically controlled. You can add clutches for longevity but what you want would be better accomplished with a shift improver like a Banks Trans Command.

http://www.bankspower.com/techarticles/ ... ansCommand

Re: Shift kit options for E4OD

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:19 pm
by convoy
A better option IMHO is a FTCB or a Punisher VB (Paul aka the Punisher). You can find information about the Punisher VB on NLOC, Powerstroke, FSB, etc. I installed his Street version accumulator in my bronco and it chirps my 35's, with 4:56, each upshift at WOT. Paul is a good guy.

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186143