Page 1 of 1
Eaton Detroit Truetrac for D44 TTB - Part Number?
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2025 11:33 am
by SteveG
I'm gathering parts to put the OchoFab beams on Wilson... anyone know which Trutrac fits the 81-83 TTB D44 with the bolt-on axle?
This one is listed as, "Eaton Detroit Truetrac 30 Spline Differential Dana 44/44 IFS 913A592"
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/etn- ... /year/1982
And this one is listed as, "Eaton Detroit Truetrac 30 Spline Differential Dana 44 913A591"
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/etn- ... /year/1982

- Screenshot 2025-02-18 103244.png (363.56 KiB) Viewed 27720 times
Re: Eaton Detroit Truetrac for D44 TTB - Part Number?
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2025 8:11 pm
by SteveG
Found it... I need the 913A592, which is for gear ratios numerically higher than 3.92. Ordering!
Re: Eaton Detroit Truetrac for D44 TTB - Part Number?
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2025 6:56 am
by toddz69
Quite an upgrade for Wilson! Is the front diff currently open?
Bolt-in front 3rd member? If so, I think I helped Paul pull that diff at a hot dusty Phoenix yonke many years ago

.
Todd Z.
Re: Eaton Detroit Truetrac for D44 TTB - Part Number?
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2025 7:41 am
by PaulW
Is that the same Trutrac that is currently installed?
Re: Eaton Detroit Truetrac for D44 TTB - Part Number?
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2025 12:27 pm
by SteveG
toddz69 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 19, 2025 6:56 am
Quite an upgrade for Wilson!
Haha. Yes. The car works so well as it is... to say I'm hesitant to change anything major is an understatement. But, the front beams / arms have been repaired A LOT. Before we got it and after... and recently.
toddz69 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 19, 2025 6:56 am
Is the front diff currently open?
Bolt-in front 3rd member? If so, I think I helped Paul pull that diff at a hot dusty Phoenix yonke many years ago

.
Current is a Trutrac... works well. But I want to assemble the axle-housings completely before tearing the car down. I hate downtime! Plus, this leaves us with a functioning spare front diff for Wilson and White Lightning.
Re: Eaton Detroit Truetrac for D44 TTB - Part Number?
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2025 12:28 pm
by SteveG
PaulW wrote: ↑Wed Feb 19, 2025 7:41 am
Is that the same Trutrac that is currently installed?
Yup. It works well, so I'm just replicating the setup.
Re: Eaton Detroit Truetrac for D44 TTB - Part Number?
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2025 5:43 am
by VintageIronFab
Is Wilson getting extra width?