Page 1 of 1
Rear Interior Cargo Light conversions??
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:26 pm
by VintageIronFab
Hello All,
Anyone else put LED lights in the rear interior cargo lights and still feel like the shitty little light with a blue hue is just terrible - same for the dome?? It just needs more white light volume. So here’s an idea for the initiated with a 3D printer- a housing that fits the stock mounting points and holds say a pair of KC cyclones or maybe just some decent common chiwanese lights. Whatever the lights are terrible and a nice base is all we really need!
Re: Rear Interior Cargo Light conversions??
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:19 am
by biggiek
Yea or the rock lights that are used on the frame of those fancy jeeps!!
Re: Rear Interior Cargo Light conversions??
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:39 pm
by Becks_Bronco
I'll get with my buddy that does CAD stuff and see what he can do. Might look at an option using BD dome lights as well. Maybe Rigid A-Series if anyone was interested. I think the Cyclones would work the best though.
Re: Rear Interior Cargo Light conversions??
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:44 pm
by Becks_Bronco
I used a Philips 912 bulb and its not amazing, but it's not awful. They have a warm white that isn't that awful cheap blue color.
Re: Rear Interior Cargo Light conversions??
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:56 am
by PaulW
Pretty easy to find LED swaps off the web. They do not cost much . I had them on all my lights - doors overhead and cargo. And noticeable improvement. I even noticed there was a guy that sold all of them as a package. I suspect I saw that on EBAY?
The overhead and cargo needed to have some shoe glue for the fit of the lense. (Shoe Glue = Goop now days).
Re: Rear Interior Cargo Light conversions??
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:18 am
by VintageIronFab
Im talking about interior light thats white and a bunch of it. The LED replacement bulbs are almost nonsense as far as output. I want something that when you turn it on you almost get too much light truthfully.
Re: Rear Interior Cargo Light conversions??
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:57 pm
by ntsqd
Buy some of the ribbon LED lights and the diffuser housing that goes with it. Run them above the side windows pointed in and down. Wire those into the dome light circuit or the rear light's always-on circuit as desired.
Use one with a dimmer to control the light intensity, like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Novostella-Dimma ... B07ZKS5V5T
Diffuser like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Starlandled-Prof ... B07QK79J2P
Or perhaps this:
https://www.amazon.com/Muzata-Aluminum- ... B01NBC0NI9
Two of these full length ribbons at full power lit up the inside of our pop-top camper to the point of being too bright.