McQueen Glass

User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by robertcrav »

D1cker1 wrote:
BajaBronco13 wrote:
D1cker1 wrote:Can use mine as well.. It won't be driven until after my LS swap TcM gLX suggested.
F the Bronco Dicker! Carli suspension on your Super Duty.

Chris
Resist the urge to mod the DD.
Where's the build thread??? lol
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Wrightracing.net »

On the dark Grey front end, I think it would look better with a split and wider grill and lights. That way it put the lights out to the corners. I am not a fan of the transition from the lights to the fender corner. It looks like an after thought and not a fluid body design. But that's just my opinion and opinions are like farts. Some stink and some don't.

Still good work.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Rmc »

Wrightracing.net wrote:On the dark Grey front end, I think it would look better with a split and wider grill and lights. That way it put the lights out to the corners. I am not a fan of the transition from the lights to the fender corner. It looks like an after thought and not a fluid body design. But that's just my opinion and opinions are like farts. Some stink and some don't.

Still good work.
I agree with you but truth is there's no place to hide the width to fit 39's, weren't they saying it 90 something inches outside to outside? Still wanting to push for a 4.5 flare front n rear.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Travisfab »

My Fiberwerx fenders would clear 39's with pretty minimal trimming
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by cs_drums »

Rmc wrote:
I agree with you but truth is there's no place to hide the width to fit 39's, weren't they saying it 90 something inches outside to outside? Still wanting to push for a 4.5 flare front n rear.

I was talking tongue about this too. I think since he made the rear bronco quarters he really should make matching fronts narrower for the bronco crowd. I have never seen or heard of a bronco that's 90" wide with 39s.

I'm ready to buy the rears if there is a front to match that isn't so wide.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by cs_drums »

Damn edit... To him* not tongue.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Rmc »

cs_drums wrote:
Rmc wrote:
I agree with you but truth is there's no place to hide the width to fit 39's, weren't they saying it 90 something inches outside to outside? Still wanting to push for a 4.5 flare front n rear.

I was talking tongue about this too. I think since he made the rear bronco quarters he really should make matching fronts narrower for the bronco crowd. I have never seen or heard of a bronco that's 90" wide with 39s.

I'm ready to buy the rears if there is a front to match that isn't so wide.
X2 and dicker will buy a set too.
JA_gonzalez
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 2:39 am
Bronco Info: 95 F150 4x4 only has a 6in lift soon getting some solo Motorsports radius arms and

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by JA_gonzalez »

So whats the gfb group bundle discount lol I'm ready for a set for my f150
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by cs_drums »

I am trying to work on a group buy as well as convincing him to make a narrower set of fronts that match the TTB trucks better. Pm me if you are interested. I'm trying to get several people committed to a narrower front to make it worth it for him to build the molds.
User avatar
Tchajagos
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
Location: Murrieta

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Tchajagos »

If I were him I would wait to try and break even or more for the wide fenders before making a new set. If I had the money I would be in it with you guys. I like the look of this glass. That terrible herbst lip around the wheel well looks awesome.
Image
Image
Idk, maybe it's just the stock raptor lip.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Travisfab »

But it's also a Raptor. Its supposed to look like that. I'm a fan of keeping stock lines.
User avatar
Tchajagos
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
Location: Murrieta

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Tchajagos »

Yeah, he's kept a lot of the stock lines and I guess you could say the lip is a stockish line since they were on the 80-86 front ends. It would match the 80-86 stock rear fender with the lip.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by cs_drums »

I really like the fact that is melds the original lines and adds a little raptoresque flair to it. Just to wide for the standard 4.5 over beams.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by cs_drums »

Here they are!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393557242.277195.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393557242.277195.jpg (31.72 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393557258.358567.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393557258.358567.jpg (28.47 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393557268.594516.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393557268.594516.jpg (34.38 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393557276.108334.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393557276.108334.jpg (41.55 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by cs_drums »

Here they are!hoping they are wide enough for my rearend. Look awesome!
D1cker1
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by D1cker1 »

Any pictures on anything.. I guess not
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Rmc »

So what the fender to fender on the current set up McQueen sells? And what's the width on the bronco rears?
Those things look great btw, mike if you read this well done.
fibermike
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 am
Bronco Info: builder of high quality ford glass parts/bronco/ranger prerunner owner

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by fibermike »

Sorry guys. Didnt even know this thread existed until travis clued me in. The rears are set up for 85-86" tread,track as younger people call it. The bed is 49" across from spotweld flanges where they weld the outside fender assembly to the inside. From that point out each side is 18". 18+18+49= 85. Hopefully you are with me on this. The fronts are made to just barely fit the 90" front of Jacks truck.
I know hardly anyone will run 39s on a bronco. The amount of hours invoved (scares me to know) is a lot. Thats why our tooling is 98% oem. Pictures dont even do them justice, must see in person. We will do a narrower front fender, but it doesnt sound like you guys know exactly what a happy medium is that you can live with. There is a truck in San Jose that has those fronts with 35s and it looks fine. But then it depends on your beams ond offset. One has a big offset with average tires, the next is narrow with big tires. We cant make everyone happy, although we try.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Mike - you have any pics of the truck in San Jose with the 35's?
fibermike
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 am
Bronco Info: builder of high quality ford glass parts/bronco/ranger prerunner owner

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by fibermike »

On the stying. I tried to mary the pre 92, 92-96 and give it a little styling of my own, + build more strength into the part. The fit and finnish is important from a (lets not have to do 10hrs of bodywork) standpoint of view. By the way, the herbst truck is a monster in measurements compared to another TT. To even get it to look sumwhat correct was hard. Its 6" taller than the average TT.
Post Reply