Rear Seat Options
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... f=26&t=248
i make them and the brackets are rivoted to the top with large rivots (included with the brackets)
i make them and the brackets are rivoted to the top with large rivots (included with the brackets)
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear
The rear floor is elevated so with the rear seats right behind the drive and passenger the rear occupants can see just like the front passengers. I have heard zero complaints and actually shocked seasoned racers who doubted hte back seats as being functional for prerunning.Wood wrote:It is just 40" wide which will keep heads away from the diagonal cage bars and provide a better view out the windshield since that's narrower than front seats. I want to make it easily removable and I will probably ly have to add a removable cross bar for shoulder belts too.
There is already a removable bar behind front seats.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com
-
Frontrunner54
- Posts: 126
- Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:26 pm
- Bronco Info: 1988 EddieBoyEdition... Hungry for whoops.
Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear
Suppose its kinda stupid... but growing up, we always faced the back.
I want to build my rear PRP bench to be removable, but reversible as well.
I want to build my rear PRP bench to be removable, but reversible as well.
Found.Off.Road.Dominating.
-
Dezertbronco
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
- Location: Highland, CA.
Seat bad bench mounting
I'm looking for suspension seat and bench mounting ideas, can you guys post up your favorites?
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Seat bad bench mounting
This is what ive got planned. My favorite set up ive seen so far.
- Attachments
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1403096919239.jpg (44.05 KiB) Viewed 903 times
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1403096903602.jpg (98.6 KiB) Viewed 903 times
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1403096886907.jpg (71.86 KiB) Viewed 903 times
-
Dezertbronco
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
- Location: Highland, CA.
Re: Seat bad bench mounting
I like it, I'm contemplating installing the front drivers seat on a 6 way electric mount so I can get sone extra leg room and gilt for those long trips. My bench is only 42" wide but I will upgrade it later.
-
Dezertbronco
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
- Location: Highland, CA.
Re: Seat bad bench mounting
I like it, I'm contemplating installing the front drivers seat on a 6 way electric mount so I can get sone extra leg room and gilt for those long trips. My bench is only 42" wide but I will upgrade it later.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Seat bad bench mounting
Here's mine:
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (201.23 KiB) Viewed 880 times
-
- image.jpg (184.87 KiB) Viewed 880 times
-
Dezertbronco
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
- Location: Highland, CA.
Re: Seat bad bench mounting
That's sweet, any photos with the bench mounted?
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Seat bad bench mounting
Ill snap one tonight if I get time. Basically I machined 4 1/2-13 bungs and welded them into the tubes ( 1 1/2 .120 wall) this puts the tabs 3/4 of an inch off the floor. It was the lowest way I could think of to maintain head room. With me in the back seat it leaves me 10-12 inches headroom to the cage. I'm about 6ft.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Seat bad bench mounting
I was looking at that pics of the base earlier Robert & thinking "how the heck does he mount the inner tabs of the seats???? Totally forgot this was for a bench & not 2 individual seats so there's only 4 tabs total 
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Seat bad bench mounting
Yessir you got it Steve.
-
Dezertbronco
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
- Location: Highland, CA.
Re: Seat bad bench mounting
Has anyone installed pump style lumbar in seats?
Contemplating heaters as well.
Your thoughts?
Contemplating heaters as well.
Your thoughts?
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Seat bad bench mounting
I ran both in my prp seats. The lumbars were out of my Eddie Bauer seats and I bought the doorman heater kits. Works really well.
