Electric transfer case motor.

Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Electric transfer case motor.

Post by Tchajagos »

I am replacing my transfer case motor and the parts store has 2 different parts listed for my bronco. I have a 93 5.8L with an auto trans and push button transfer case. I don't want to put a manual trans case in cause I like not having to get out if the truck to lock the hubs. Does anyone know which part I need? Apparently there are 2 different connectors but seeing as they have to order the motor I have no idea which one is which. Thanks.
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Re: Electric transfer case motor.

Post by bajascott »

It comes off with three bolts.....or snap a picture of the connector with your phone and compare at the parts house....
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

That's the thing. They don't have it to compare and the pictures they have look the same
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

Oh I gotcha....
snowman429
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco alot of work

Post by snowman429 »

Just a FYI, your auto hubs will still work with a manual shift tcase. To bad you didn't live closer i have a manual shift tcase sitting in my garage.
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

I don't mind crawling under my Bronco to shift the T-case into 4WD. I have the Shiftster on my push button T-case that isn't original to my Bronco. Long story short, stock cases don't like going longer than 200 miles without oil (that's why I had to swap to an electric case).

Check out this Youtube video to get an idea of what the motor looks like..

cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

I am currently working on something similar to the conversion above. It will be cable actuated from inside the cab with a gated shifter. I am trying to keep it somewhere under $200. Anyone interested?
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

I'd be curious to see what it looks like. My only issue would be that if I did this, I'd have the convenience of having the shifter back in the cab but I still wouldn't have a mph reading. Maybe I could just go with a custom gauge pod insert and stuff it with Auto Meter gauges and have it work that way..
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Agui-E7TE wrote:I'd be curious to see what it looks like. My only issue would be that if I did this, I'd have the convenience of having the shifter back in the cab but I still wouldn't have a mph reading. Maybe I could just go with a custom gauge pod insert and stuff it with Auto Meter gauges and have it work that way..
MPH reading? That comes from the vss tone ring in the rearend doesnt it?
Agui-E7TE

Post by Agui-E7TE »

No, I have an '89 that uses the manual case but I swapped to an electric case and it doesn't have the same gear driven speed sensor.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Agui-E7TE wrote:I don't mind crawling under my Bronco to shift the T-case into 4WD. I have the Shiftster on my push button T-case that isn't original to my Bronco. Long story short, stock cases don't like going longer than 200 miles without oil (that's why I had to swap to an electric case).

Check out this Youtube video to get an idea of what the motor looks like..

What happens to the computer/transmission when the three VSS wires are just cut and capped?
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

CS-- Hey I think that the Shifter is a great idea-- having to get out in the sand, mud, snow or whatever and crawl under the truck is crazy if you ask me!! I know that having a nice manual shift is absolutely great-- I think we have all gotten stuck like on wet grass or dirt when it seems almost impossible to get stuck and all while in nice clothes. I dont really wanna get out of the cab, lay under the truck in the mud get all wet and sit back down in a pair of $550 Mastercraft seats. SO--- CS, if you can do the exact same thing but actually be able to shift it in the cab-- SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!! One thing that might seem dumb is having a way to know you are in 4wd hi or low via the dash light is also a nice thing but not a biggie. If no dash light you to need a way to know whether and indicator at the shifter or a factory style knob denoting the shifter pattern is a must.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

What happens to the computer/transmission when the three VSS wires are just cut and capped?[/quote]

Looks like the ECM uses data from the tach, speedo, vss to calculate both mph and shift points. I assume the shifting comparison values the ECM compairs to would go default, meaning CEL, up shifting or downshifting based solely on the rpm. This could spell bad news for trans functions. From what I've been reading the vss vs rpm keeps the trans from kicking down from 4th to 1st for instance. I believe the comparison value of 8000 pulses per mile or 16000 pulses per mile depending on model is needed to base trans gear shit comparison values. Understanding this it explains why on my bronco with 37's and stock gears it feels like I have a shift kit because the trans is shifting at much higher than factory pressure levels all due to an under rated pulse count. Hope it helps.