87-91 Stock Width Fenders

Cricket
Bronco Info: '91 F-150 Custom Shortbed, 2WD converting to 4WD with C&T

Post by Cricket »

I've been searching pretty far and wide, does anyone make a 87-91 front fender with a larger wheel opening, but stock width? (Similar to the Autofab ones for 92-96). I want to maintain the stock look of my truck, but add some clearance because the fenders are currently limiting bump travel by about 2". I guess the other option is to trim the steel fenders, but I'm having a hard time figuring how to do that without ruining the body lines completely.

Thank you in advance.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

You can always call the fiberglass places and ask if the will do the 87-91 glass with larger openings for you. They might have something or atleast could graft on the larger openings from 92-96 glass.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: 87-91 Stock Width Fenders

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

A lot of guys also don't keep all of their older molds listed on the website. It could be worth calling around to see if someone has a mold somewhere they'd gladly dust off to run you a set. Not a ton of other places do the zero flare stuff like autofab though, so I'd start my calls there.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Cricket
Bronco Info: '91 F-150 Custom Shortbed, 2WD converting to 4WD with C&T

Re: 87-91 Stock Width Fenders

Post by Cricket »

John from autofab called me back, but I missed it. So I ended up talking to Tiffany, she was very nice and helpful, but said they basically do not keep any molds that they don't make product from anymore, so everything in their catalog is what they have to offer.

It's funny, in 2003 when I bought this truck i wanted nothing more to convert it to the 92-96 front end, but now that everything has aged, I prefer the 91 front end and get a lot of compliments on it.