96 bronco motor rebuild

Redgrom
Bronco Info: 96 bronco 351 and way to many future plans

96 bronco motor rebuild

Post by Redgrom »

Can anyone recomend a shop in Orange County area that can rebuild a 351 and reinstall? Just don't have the time or space to pull it myself and trying to find a good shop that I can basically just drop it off at and drive it home a week or 2 later. Want to keep it smog legal but wouldn't be against trying to pull a little more power out of it if I can.
Thanks
Redgrom

Re: 96 bronco motor rebuild

Post by Redgrom »

So I got a quote for $4,300 from my local ford dealer for a rebuilt long block installed by them. Doesn't sound awful since it has a 3 year unlimited mile warranty.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Doesn't sound too bad to me!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Agreed - that doesn't sound bad at all! Think of the time to pull the motor & reinstall, the machine work in between, etc. and the warranty is the icing on the cake.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

96 bronco motor rebuild

Post by Tchajagos »

Good considering all the little crappy plastic parts that break when you take these old things apart and how buried these motors are in emissions crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Ya, all the Vacuum lines fall apart. New rubber braided lines for mine when it goes back in.

About 1994 I had my Motor rebuild and had all the work done at a shop here in San Diego. Back then it was around $3800. With the costs being higher now, that price sounds like a good deal.

David...
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Don't expect other parts to be included in that price, only the long block and labor. Vac lines rad. hoses or whatever will most likely be tacked on or work will halt until they get approval from you to pay for the extra part needed. You might discuss that with them upfront so they know how to proceed and what you are willing to do.
Redgrom

Post by Redgrom »

I spoke to the service manager about the job yesterday to see what was included and that price has a additional $400 for the missilanius odds and ins but I'm sure there will be something discovered along the way. When I bought the truck I changed all the hoses minus a few vacuums lines but I'm guessing most of the vacume lines will be replaced as that was factored in. I'm still considering other shops but for the simplicity of dropping it off less then 10 miles from the house and the warranty it seams like a fair deal.