Page 1 of 1

Getting logged out automatically

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:04 pm
by damon1272
Problem - On my home computer I log in and when it takes me back to the main board I am logged out automatically. This only happens on this site and only on my home computer. Is there some setting on my computer that I do not know about or would it possibly be an issue with the site? Any help would be appriciated.

Re: Getting logged out automatically

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:21 pm
by SteveG
Are you logged off immediately or only after you leave the board and come back?

Re: Getting logged out automatically

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:37 am
by yikes
I've been experiencing the same thing Steve, both at home and work....after leaving.

Re: Getting logged out automatically

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:47 am
by SteveG
After leaving home and work or after leaving the site?

Re: Getting logged out automatically

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:59 am
by SteveG
I don't have an answer for you guys. I checked two different computers just now and I also log on with my work computer and haven't had any issues. Settings for the site haven't changed.

You guys are checking the "Log me on automatically each visit" box. Right?

Re: Getting logged out automatically

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:20 pm
by Nick
I had the same problem a while back. Clear the cookies on your computer, that worked for me.

Re: Getting logged out automatically

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:04 pm
by damon1272
I will try clearing the cookies. Thanks.

Re: Getting logged out automatically

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:24 pm
by ChaseTruck754
I had this off an on for a while. Luckily it's not happening this week :D

as I told Steve before my error usually occured when I went into the "tech" section. Meaning I could log on, but it kicked me out when I went to the tech section. I would then get in a weird loop in which the log in screen was the only one that would come up.

I have found that when I get the login problem I switch to a different internet browser (aol, internet explorer, firefox) and it will work for a bit.

Luckily firefox has been working for over a week now with no issues!

Re: Getting logged out automatically

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:03 am
by SteveG
I don't have any idea why you would only get that error in the Tech section... weird.

It's good to have you on Team Firefox!