Page 1 of 2

vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:50 pm
by bajascott
i would be interested in doing like fsb has on their site with a vendor forum,
i would have no problem paying a fee to keep usless mumbo jumbo out of a thread on a new part i have decided to try and sell.
the thought is this...
have a side forum for vendors(like myself,S.W.Performance,Threat,SOLO,ETC..) who sell parts in the commercial arena,post new parts,or fabricated parts in this area and leave the questions, and low balling to PM's.make it a CLOSED FOR REPLY area....
this would be a place for NEW parts .
and then we can use the regular classifieds for posting used parts and misc.stuff ...
really we all know what a cut and turned set of beams do, pivot boxes,and why we make them.....
i must be getting old....haha

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:02 pm
by SteveG
All the chit chat that eventually turns into peepee measuring is the main reason I was hesitant to allow commercial posting in the classifieds.

We've discussed something like this off and on over the years and were just talking about it again recently. Give us some time and we'll see what we can do.

And yeah, you're getting old. Can't help you there!

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:03 pm
by bajascott
getting old sucks. cool thanks steve...
and peepee measuring, its a known fact that when you measure....always add 4"

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:08 pm
by tcm glx
If you have to measure, you already have a problem. Hahaha

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:09 pm
by SteveG
tcm glx wrote:If you have to measure, you already have a problem. Hahaha
Exactly!

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:16 pm
by bajascott
At least I can see mine with out bending over tony.....

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:17 pm
by bajascott
Or using a mirror

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:27 pm
by tcm glx
Haha, mirrors and bending over do nothing for me, I need a magnifying glass and I know it. I accepted that a long time ago.......

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:31 pm
by ChaseTruck754
as long as you don't have to bust out the tweezers & micrometer you're all good!

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:42 pm
by Agui-E7TE
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:47 pm
by bajascott
or even if the whole vendor space is too much to deal with how about having a locking tool that will allow the seller to lock the thread (not from mods)

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:49 pm
by SteveG
Creating a vendors section is easy. I kind of like the idea. We'll talk it over.

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 pm
by bajascott
cool.thanks....

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:28 pm
by Threat Motorsports
I like the idea! Would anyone be opposed to it being just legitimate company's like the company's mentioned above. We spend lots of money and work hard to be legitimate, so I think it would only be fair that only legitimate company's post in it. Maybe require a form that needs to be filled out with some basic info like Business name, and License number, etc to confirm. Anyone disagree on that concept? I don't ever mind paying to advertise because that's just what we should be doing as a buissness but I just don't think its fair for up coming companies that are not legally legit to have the same rights as us. I feel most of the legitimate company's wouldn't disagree with me, but If I am out of line on this I opoligize in advance.

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 pm
by philofab
Threat Motorsports wrote:I like the idea! Would anyone be opposed to it being just legitimate company's like the company's mentioned above. We spend lots of money and work hard to be legitimate, so I think it would only be fair that only legitimate company's post in it. Maybe require a form that needs to be filled out with some basic info like Business name, and License number, etc to confirm. Anyone disagree on that concept? I don't ever mind paying to advertise because that's just what we should be doing as a buissness but I just don't think its fair for up coming companies that are not legally legit to have the same rights as us. I feel most of the legitimate company's wouldn't disagree with me, but If I am out of line on this I opoligize in advance.
I like that idea but I haven't seen anyone that isn't legitimate on this site. You can currently pay to advertise on the banner rotation but the biggest problem is there is very little motivation for most to do this. I've been planning on doing it for a while but I'm so busy with other things and reinvesting the money I've been making that it just hasn't happened yet. Hell, I haven't even bothered doing my website for parts/offroad stuff since the battery side of my business is growing so fast.

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:02 pm
by Threat Motorsports
philofab wrote:
Threat Motorsports wrote:I like the idea! Would anyone be opposed to it being just legitimate company's like the company's mentioned above. We spend lots of money and work hard to be legitimate, so I think it would only be fair that only legitimate company's post in it. Maybe require a form that needs to be filled out with some basic info like Business name, and License number, etc to confirm. Anyone disagree on that concept? I don't ever mind paying to advertise because that's just what we should be doing as a buissness but I just don't think its fair for up coming companies that are not legally legit to have the same rights as us. I feel most of the legitimate company's wouldn't disagree with me, but If I am out of line on this I opoligize in advance.
I like that idea but I haven't seen anyone that isn't legitimate on this site. You can currently pay to advertise on the banner rotation but the biggest problem is there is very little motivation for most to do this. I've been planning on doing it for a while but I'm so busy with other things and reinvesting the money I've been making that it just hasn't happened yet. Hell, I haven't even bothered doing my website for parts/offroad stuff since the battery side of my business is growing so fast.

I can name a couple that are not legit but I wont just out of common courtesy of course. By providing valid info if would would weed out the legit from the non legit though in a Vendor space section if it was added. I also like the idea of being able to lock the thread or control it if possible. That way it keeps other competitors or the chit chat out. Plus it would be less work for the site owners to deal with. Im not sure what GFB would charge to do this if at all, but I'm sure it would be reasonable. I like the whole idea and I hope it can happen. Id feel more comfortable posting products for sale. I don't feel comfortable posting in the classifieds mostly because I sell a lot of the same products as everyone else does.

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:19 pm
by Nick
Threat Motorsports wrote:I like the idea! Would anyone be opposed to it being just legitimate company's like the company's mentioned above. We spend lots of money and work hard to be legitimate, so I think it would only be fair that only legitimate company's post in it. Maybe require a form that needs to be filled out with some basic info like Business name, and License number, etc to confirm. Anyone disagree on that concept? I don't ever mind paying to advertise because that's just what we should be doing as a buissness but I just don't think its fair for up coming companies that are not legally legit to have the same rights as us. I feel most of the legitimate company's wouldn't disagree with me, but If I am out of line on this I opoligize in advance.
Good points. But to be honest, we don't really want to get that involved. We never really intended this place to be a commercial site. We just wanted a place to hang out. The 4 of us have families, and other things to do. We pretty much know who the legit shops are, so i don't think that will be a problem.

With that said, i like the idea of a vendors section that is closed to posting by non vendors, with a yearly vendor status fee.

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:25 pm
by bajascott
I think it would good to see more parts for sale.by contributors to this site. I don't think of anyone as a competitor.the fact that i live 1000 miles away doesn't help my buisness any.....haha I do things that I want to and sell to who I want to.

Re: vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 pm
by damon1272
Glad to see this thread get back on track with all the measuring and stuff going on......

vendor space

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:45 pm
by economig
Closing it fixes everything, related to maintenance and ongoing issues, good idea Scott