Page 1 of 1

Additional user selectable style please

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:13 am
by sydude
While I do like the current white and red text on black background site style/template, it's not ideal for browsing and reading on pda's and ipads (which is what I use primarily). It's just a bit difficult to read the thread listings and also to read through posts. I'm not talking about a 'mobile' style which is made for PDA's specifically, but just a different color scheme, with dark text on a light background.

I just looked on phpbb's site, and the style chooser is a built-in feature so no modifications are necessary, and there are lots of elegant style templates to choose from. Any chance we can get this put in? Glad to help with customizing our logo and graphics to integrate with any new styles you guys choose.

S

Re: Additional user selectable style please

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:16 am
by sydude
Here's phpbb's official styles demo site - you can go through a whole bunch of free styles by clicking on the style chooser in the top right corner of the demo board. You can also click on the 'previous' or 'next' buttons in the top right corner of the board to advance through the demo styles.

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/?style_id=195

Re: Additional user selectable style please

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:53 am
by philofab
I'm also on the site often with my iPhone so I second this motion. I love the look on my laptop and desktop but it's difficult to read on my iPhone.

Re: Additional user selectable style please

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:53 pm
by SteveG
Roger that guys. I'll check it out.

Sydude, I may take you up on the offer for help. I'll email you soon.

Re: Additional user selectable style please

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:02 pm
by SteveG
I activated the default style (Prosilver). You can choose it in your User Control Panel. There is no logo in it at the moment, but you can use it as is for now.

I'll look around for other styles. If you have a recommendation, I'll look into it.

Re: Additional user selectable style please

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:38 am
by sydude
Thanks! I saw you already put the GFB logo up on the new style, blended perfectly. I'm here if you need any other graphics help.