Page 1 of 1

Forum Engine - why phpbb instead of vbulletin?

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:20 am
by sydude
Hi guys, great work here. Thanks for all you do. Any reason why you guys picked phpbb over vbulletin (the dominant forum engine, and the same one that FSB runs on)? I don't really have anything against phpbb except that most people (me too!) are accustomed to how it works with bb code,etc, and there would be less transition issues for users. Also, there are a ton of modifications available for vbulletin. If you needed any help with this stuff, I'm very experienced and would gladly help out with the site.

Re: Forum Engine - why phpbb instead of vbulletin?

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:12 am
by SteveG
No particular reason other than I was already using it for other projects and I was already familiar with it... although not very.

Thank you for the offer to help. I'm sure there will come a time when we'll need help from some of our more savvy members.

Re: Forum Engine - why phpbb instead of vbulletin?

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:24 am
by sydude
No problem. My offer to help is of course for free, I don't do it for a living. Just in case you thought otherwise!