Search found 12 matches

by 80FlareSide
Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:34 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: 1980 Flareside Build
Replies: 24
Views: 4434

Project Snowball

So far most of my work has been focused on the cab as the engine parts are still coming in, and I want to do that all at once. The truck at one point had dealer a/c, but it had been disabled before I ever got it. Not sure what was needed to restore, but I knew I needed to get at the evaporator. Comb...
by 80FlareSide
Tue May 21, 2013 11:48 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: 1980 Flareside Build
Replies: 24
Views: 4434

Picked up a new (to me) 1987 NP435 transmission this weekend. That will be torn down and rebuilt as soon as my parts washer shows up.

I also picked up a new steering wheel to replace the skinny hard plastic one.
Wheel 1.jpg
Wheel 1.jpg (66.82 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
by 80FlareSide
Wed May 15, 2013 4:56 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: 1980 Flareside Build
Replies: 24
Views: 4434

Re: 1980 Flareside Build

We had a girl, 10 months old now, starting to walk this week. I can already tell Im in trouble. She was about to do pick something up off the TV stand last night, and when I asked her not to, so looked at me, smiled, shook her head "no" and did it anyway. I expected the baby to grind any project lik...
by 80FlareSide
Tue May 14, 2013 5:46 pm
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: 1980 Flareside Build
Replies: 24
Views: 4434

Re: 1980 Flareside Build

So its been almost 2 years since I started this thread and I have accomplished little of what I initially set out to do. What have I done? Well here is a list: Replace the sheetrock in my garage and basement with plywood that I can unscrew from the wall next time the river floods. Buck and split 4 c...
by 80FlareSide
Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:20 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: 1980 Flareside Build
Replies: 24
Views: 4434

NP208 T-Case Rebuild Kits?

So following both my wife getting laid off and 2 feet of flood water in my house from Hurricane Irene, the engine & transmission swap plan found itself suddenly de-funded. It is put off atleast until the spring when I have saved the money to do it right. In the mean time I am am going to proceed wit...
by 80FlareSide
Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:32 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: 1980 Flareside Build
Replies: 24
Views: 4434

Re: 1980 Flareside Build

I went to grade school and lived in Granby (north central CT) for a few years... beautiful country... we used to drive some of the trails... very nice. I drive through Granby Center every day to and from work. I grew up here, lived in NYC for a while, then Boston, RI, and back to little New Hartfor...
by 80FlareSide
Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:24 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: 1980 Flareside Build
Replies: 24
Views: 4434

Re: 1980 Flareside Build

Nice looking truck! Whil I'm not really a fan of that front end on the broncos it somehow looks a LOT better on trucks... What part of Conn are you in? Have a good friend in Glastonbury - it's some beautiful country back there, but I do hear ya on the narrow, trail type stuff being the only "off ro...
by 80FlareSide
Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: 1980 Flareside Build
Replies: 24
Views: 4434

Re: 1980 Flareside Build

Awesome truck!! Welcome. Here are my recommendations. Can't go wrong with Autofab. Southwest makes some nice stuff too. Keep it sleeper looking. I would put a drop center hood on it, but DON'T change the wheels or the bed, or put an update kit on it! My 2 cents. Not sure if I should keep the curren...
by 80FlareSide
Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:53 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: 1980 Flareside Build
Replies: 24
Views: 4434

Re: 1980 Flareside Build

Thanks. Ive had it about a year now and drive it quite regularly around town and to and from work. I had wanted a truck for a while, and agonized over what to get. My father had an '81 F100 2wd style side that I put through a telephone pole and into a tree when I was 16. When I saw this truck, same ...
by 80FlareSide
Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:57 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: 1980 Flareside Build
Replies: 24
Views: 4434

1980 Flareside Build

Hey all, Matt here. Just joined so I could hopefully draw on all of your knowledge and experience in planning and building up my truck. I have a 1980 F150 Flareside - Custom (which pretty much means it had zero options, even the rear bumper was extra). I am in Connecticut, but its a North Carolina t...