Search found 3 matches

by DSD502
Mon May 06, 2024 8:36 am
Forum: Go-Fast Tech
Topic: D50/D44 Go Fast TTB – Gathering Ideas
Replies: 40
Views: 94524

Re: D50/D44 Go Fast TTB – Gathering Ideas

14 Bolt was cheap. Having good brakes is really nice. I was told I had to go with a hydroboost but the dual diaphragm works great and is cheap. It’s also shorter. I’m rolling on forty’s and was concerned to have proper brakes.
by DSD502
Mon May 06, 2024 7:23 am
Forum: Go-Fast Tech
Topic: D50/D44 Go Fast TTB – Gathering Ideas
Replies: 40
Views: 94524

Re: D50/D44 Go Fast TTB – Gathering Ideas

It was like1980 -88? Big problem was the addiction of a True trac at the same time. I ended up cutting a 7075 filler block to go in the middle of the differential. Ive had a set of new RCV axles to install and fear how that will go. They were made up for the K20 stubs. You have to swap The yokes to ...
by DSD502
Sun May 05, 2024 2:05 pm
Forum: Go-Fast Tech
Topic: D50/D44 Go Fast TTB – Gathering Ideas
Replies: 40
Views: 94524

Re: D50/D44 Go Fast TTB – Gathering Ideas

I did the K20 conversion and yes they will need 16 wheels to clear. I went with 17 to accommodate cheap take off tires.