Search found 2755 matches

by AussieRod
Sun Apr 05, 2026 6:23 pm
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: 1990 Ford150 4x4 "Bajamobile"
Replies: 341
Views: 236901

Re: 1990 Ford150 4x4 "Bajamobile"

Turf Tamer wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 05, 2026 4:59 pm
Some air time in Johnson Valley

Image

Image
Well done.
by AussieRod
Wed Dec 31, 2025 6:54 am
Forum: Whatever
Topic: Merry Christmas 2025
Replies: 4
Views: 1348

Re: Merry Christmas 2025

Happy New Year!
by AussieRod
Thu Dec 25, 2025 3:37 pm
Forum: Wanted
Topic: Looking for a 1992 - 1996 Finished Bronco
Replies: 1
Views: 2359

Re: Looking for a 1992 - 1996 Finished Bronco

That's a shame, Mate. I know all about how physical restraints can dampen the ability to work on those things that bring us joy and a sense of accomplishment. Good luck with your search and Merry Christmas.
by AussieRod
Wed Dec 24, 2025 3:32 pm
Forum: Whatever
Topic: Merry Christmas 2025
Replies: 4
Views: 1348

Merry Christmas 2025

Merry Christmas and a safe New Year to all my friends at GFB.
by AussieRod
Sun Nov 23, 2025 3:41 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100
Replies: 1213
Views: 288975

Re: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100

Hey Rod randomly remembered your last post. Checking in to see how things were? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Hey, Randy, how goes it? I'm doing ok, I guess. I'll be honest, it's been a cunt of a year for me. 11 days after loosing Dad, on the way back from seeing the funeral director and organ...
by AussieRod
Thu Oct 30, 2025 5:07 am
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Carly's 96
Replies: 328
Views: 702687

Re: Carly's 96

Randy, I think I can see your brake problem. Unbolt the rear calipers and turn them on the rotor until they are vertical with the bleeder up. Then, get someone inside to pump while you bleed. Once the air is out, return the caliper to it's bracket and bolt it back on. I'm thinking this will cure you...
by AussieRod
Sat May 10, 2025 5:24 pm
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100
Replies: 1213
Views: 288975

Re: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100

Update: Did a stress test back in Feb and passed, so I'm back at work. However, Dad went downhill fast. He passed away yesterday around 4 pm. I spent 3 days with him, sleeping in his room on a mattress at the aged care home he was in. He went quietly, no pain or suffering and he is at peace now. I'l...
by AussieRod
Tue Jan 21, 2025 12:23 am
Forum: Tech
Topic: Need more power
Replies: 4
Views: 57684

Re: Need more power

Gearing. With a 4 speed O/D auto, 4.56 or 4.88 gears. Gearing gives mechanical leverage, so you use the power (or lack of it) you have to better advantage.
by AussieRod
Fri Jan 03, 2025 10:55 pm
Forum: Tech
Topic: Distributor Drive Gear
Replies: 4
Views: 55295

Re: Distributor Drive Gear

1993 5.8 - Looks like its a bastard year, with the possibility of it having either a cast iron gear or a steel gear. Without pulling the distributor, is there way to confirm which it is ? If it is a flat tappet (hydraulic lifter) engine, it is cast iron. If it is hydraulic roller, the gear is steel.
by AussieRod
Fri Nov 08, 2024 8:56 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Carly's 96
Replies: 328
Views: 702687

Re: Carly's 96

toddz69 wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 08, 2024 4:06 pm
Good luck! I have my doubts they'll fit under Alcoas, but you'll let us know.

Todd Z.
Me, too. A 15" wheel will restrict the rotor size a lot, needing a 17" or bigger rim to fit both a decent diameter rotor and a beefy enough caliper to stop them. I'll be watching. 8-)
by AussieRod
Fri Nov 08, 2024 7:44 pm
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100
Replies: 1213
Views: 288975

Re: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100

Thanks, Todd. I got a second chance, for sure. Now it's out of the garage, I'll get going on the F100, for sure.
by AussieRod
Fri Nov 08, 2024 3:05 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100
Replies: 1213
Views: 288975

Re: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100

'Did a 'hub' on a semi trailer (wheel hub). 'welding AND fab'.
by AussieRod
Fri Nov 08, 2024 3:03 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100
Replies: 1213
Views: 288975

Re: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100

'More soon'. Yeah, right. Time flies. Since my last post, I spent a LOT of time last year, going back and forth interstate to a mineral sand mine, working on a EX8000 face shovel. For 8 -10 days every 2 weeks or so, 12 hour shifts at night, doing gouge and weld crack repairs on the shovel jaw and ba...
by AussieRod
Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:32 pm
Forum: Race Vehicles
Topic: Nothing special class3 pics
Replies: 484
Views: 255036

Re: Nothing special class3 pics

Nice to see it finally going, Eric. Well done!
by AussieRod
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:00 am
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: The Junkyard Dog, Rod's Bronco.
Replies: 12
Views: 35314

Re: The Junkyard Dog, Rod's Bronco.

I've been crook for the last 3 days and been home and sleeping most of the time. My Dad had a 'flu shot" last week (the real one) and came down with it straight away. Of course, he came to visit and I got it, too. One of our very few shared weaknesses. Anyway, today (Friday), I've been up the back a...
by AussieRod
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:24 am
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Engine Builder and Machine shop
Replies: 2
Views: 33417

Re: Engine Builder and Machine shop

Yes, 408 stroker with MAX 9 - 9.2:1 CR (Pemex compatible). AFR 165 or 185 cylinder heads. AFR165's preferably, as they promote air velocity for good torque and the 1.94" intake valves can work with stock pistons. Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 212/218 Hydraulic Roller Cam. Edelbrock RPM Airgap intake. FiTe...
by AussieRod
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:44 am
Forum: Whatever
Topic: Happy New Year!
Replies: 1
Views: 39350

Happy New Year!

A Merry Christmas and a safe and hopefully, prosperous New Year to y'all.
by AussieRod
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:29 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: The Junkyard Dog, Rod's Bronco.
Replies: 12
Views: 35314

Re: The Junkyard Dog, Rod's Bronco.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I'm working again, so this might actually start in the new year. Have to get rid of some un-needed stuff first to make room.
by AussieRod
Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:17 am
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: The Junkyard Dog, Rod's Bronco.
Replies: 12
Views: 35314

Re: The Junkyard Dog, Rod's Bronco.

Not the update I was expecting. That sucks, maybe. I was basically reorg'd out of a job. They'd never tell anyone to leave just give 'special projects' to inspire you to leave. I was able to take an early retirement. Not ideal, but no regrets. Life is better now. Hope it all works out for you. It's...
by AussieRod
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:10 am
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: The Junkyard Dog, Rod's Bronco.
Replies: 12
Views: 35314

Re: The Junkyard Dog, Rod's Bronco.

Well, it's definately going onto the back burner for now, as I got fired Monday. It seems the workshop manager and the new national maintainence manager conspired to engineer my 'resignation'. I was fired. When you are told "We don't want you here anymore, you need to leave", that's being fired, rig...