Search found 9 matches

by Droolsport
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:05 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Roll cage install
Replies: 7
Views: 2237

Re: Roll cage install

This what I ended up with. Its not ideal but its in and tight. Using 1.5 to 2.5 inch washers when I could on the underside. I do like the longer body mount bolts and a short steel spacer to go under the plate. In their defense they dont market this as a race cage. Should provide plenty of protection...
by Droolsport
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:03 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Roll cage install
Replies: 7
Views: 2237

Re: Roll cage install

cage1.jpg
cage1.jpg (447.32 KiB) Viewed 2053 times

Going to weld the nut to bar stock and drop it in the hole. Bolt will pull it up against the underside of the sheet metal. Open to suggestions for other ideas.
by Droolsport
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:47 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Roll cage install
Replies: 7
Views: 2237

Re: Roll cage install

Install is turning out to be a real bitch. The bolt holes in the plates fall in difficult locations. One falls on the access cover for body mount. Another falls on sheet metal seam. Need longer bolts for other hole that are boxed in and need to go through 2 layers of sheet metal. Need to grind/cut a...
by Droolsport
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:01 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Roll cage install
Replies: 7
Views: 2237

Roll cage install

Just picked up my family cage from ProtoFab. Waiting on bolts to arrive in the mail. I am going to weld in a crossbar for rear seat harness and a few tabs for general tie down points.
by Droolsport
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:34 am
Forum: Tech
Topic: Newbie Suspension questions
Replies: 6
Views: 3383

Re: Newbie Suspension questions

After further review it is a 8.8 dif.
by Droolsport
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:33 am
Forum: Introductions
Topic: Bronco fever in Tucson,AZ
Replies: 3
Views: 2008

Re: Bronco fever in Tucson,AZ

Edit: 8.8 rear dif not 10.25"
by Droolsport
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:14 am
Forum: Tech
Topic: Newbie Suspension questions
Replies: 6
Views: 3383

Re: Newbie Suspension questions

Thanks for the feedback. I was told the rear dif and springs were F250 and the dif cover matches 10.25 but it does have 5 lug axles?

Good idea on the want ad
by Droolsport
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:46 pm
Forum: Tech
Topic: Newbie Suspension questions
Replies: 6
Views: 3383

Newbie Suspension questions

Looking to upgrade my 1990 Bronco and need some info/advice. It currently has a 4" Drop Beam lift quad shock front with a rear dif and leafs out of a similar year f250 and spacer blocks. 1. Would there be any benefit to running a longer radius arm with the stock beams and this lift? Looking to upgra...
by Droolsport
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:06 pm
Forum: Introductions
Topic: Bronco fever in Tucson,AZ
Replies: 3
Views: 2008

Bronco fever in Tucson,AZ

So a few months ago I was given the opportunity to buy a coworkers boy friends Bronco. I was not looking for a Bronco nor was I in the market for any type of older vehicle project. Having previously owned a 66' Mustang I knew how quickly they make money disappear. But something about this Bronco ins...