Search found 9 matches

by Flyerrider
Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:52 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Replies: 23
Views: 2434

Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco

Here's some buggy dork pictures of my last project to show some of my fabrication capabilities. 96" WB, 73" TW, 20" travel front and rear, and it's a TON of fun! Every inch was designed in CAD and there's probably more laser cutting in it than most trophy trucks.
by Flyerrider
Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:37 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Replies: 23
Views: 2434

Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco

Silverslk: keep me posted on your powertrain. I am interested. My wife grew up in Tempe at the lakes and lived there until she was 13 before moving to Dana Point. I went to flight school in Phoenix and have a ton of friends that still live there. My aunt also lives is Parker 3 doors down from the We...
by Flyerrider
Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:31 am
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Replies: 23
Views: 2434

Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco

I like the thought you put into the planning. :D The only thing I would comment on is dont notch the beams for frame clearance, notch the frame instead. The beam(s) is/are your primary suspension component, and taking any strength from these will possibly result in failure. I looked at this too, an...
by Flyerrider
Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:18 am
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Replies: 23
Views: 2434

Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco

BDKW1 wrote:About time.........
Ha! Ok so I added an extra month to my 6 month break on desert projects. Grab Tex and come meet us in Landers. I need your opinions on valving. I always have room in my truck for an extra bike and gear and I usually have a good stock of microbrews.
by Flyerrider
Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:40 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Replies: 23
Views: 2434

Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco

Sounds like you have put some thought into the project. Will turn out nice with a good grasp on where your headed. I used to build the fuel cans for the fuel cells at Harmon. Let me know when you are laying out the fuel system in begining chassis design stages. I did a 58 gallon cell in my bronco w...
by Flyerrider
Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:36 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Replies: 23
Views: 2434

Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco

Ok - finished reading and I am looking forward to this. A side note - is your buddy's shop in the complex at 1760 Monrovia in CM? And again - I'd LOOOOOOOVE to see the build of the TTB F-100 as it's something I've wanted to do for a long while but lacked the time. So if there's any way to get a bui...
by Flyerrider
Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:49 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Replies: 23
Views: 2434

Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco

Ha! Me too! I can't wait to head down to Baja again. It's been far to long. I hope to participate on GFB's Baja trip one day. My wife has never been to anywhere other than TJ, Ensenada, and La Paz and just doesn't understand it when I ramble on for hours about how much I miss prerunning in Baja.
by Flyerrider
Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:26 pm
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Replies: 23
Views: 2434

Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco

Hi Guys! My name is Jesse and I’m a long time lurker and first time poster. I have been browsing this site for years and finally have something Bronco related to post. To mention a few things about me, I spent the last 6 years building a single seat street bike powered minibuggy for my wife. The iss...