Search found 31 matches

by Balls
Mon May 06, 2013 1:06 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Detroit locker wind up
Replies: 4
Views: 372

Re: Detroit locker wind up

Thanks, that's reassuring. I expected it to drive much more like a spool any time I was touching the throttle.
by Balls
Mon May 06, 2013 1:28 am
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Detroit locker wind up
Replies: 4
Views: 372

Detroit locker wind up

Hi guys, Finished installing my Detroit locker and gears yesterday.  This is my first Detroit and I expected it to chirp the inside wheel a lot when turning.  As it turns out it seems to ratchet on tight turns even when some throttle.  Sometimes it ratchets for a while then chirps the inside wheel a...
by Balls
Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:29 am
Forum: General Tech
Topic: C-6 sluggish
Replies: 3
Views: 543

Re: C-6 sluggish

Thanks guys. I'll check that but the problem is worst in reverse. Will the governor valve being stuck cause this problem in reverse also?
by Balls
Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:21 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: C-6 sluggish
Replies: 3
Views: 543

C-6 sluggish

Lately my c-6 Which (hasn't done that many miles) is really struggling when first starting and any time I'm in reverse (problem gets a lot worse in reverse on inclines). It's not like its revving the engine really hard and slipping. I can put my foot flat to the boards and in reverse it feels like I...
by Balls
Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:43 am
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Full Build Bronco 550HP
Replies: 130
Views: 28682

Full Build Bronco LS1

Makes sense, I just figured its kinda different for a go fast build. I know they are bomb proof and can be twin sticked.
by Balls
Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:13 am
Forum: Big Broncos
Topic: Full Build Bronco 550HP
Replies: 130
Views: 28682

Full Build Bronco LS1

Why an NP205? Just curious.
by Balls
Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:45 am
Forum: Whatever
Topic: G5
Replies: 5
Views: 439

G5

those videos are great, always filmed really well.
by Balls
Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:52 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100
Replies: 1213
Views: 288925

Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100

are you going to add any bracing between the ps box and frame? The boxes tend to move and flex the frame a lot if just the three bolts are used, in some cases the bolts will fail. I've seen a few different setups that brace the box using the already threaded hole onion the upper vertical sideof the ...
by Balls
Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 am
Forum: General Tech
Topic: 9" Wheel bearings
Replies: 2
Views: 336

9" Wheel bearings

Thanks Rod, thats a relief.
by Balls
Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:40 am
Forum: General Tech
Topic: 9" Wheel bearings
Replies: 2
Views: 336

9" Wheel bearings

I damaged a seal while removing the axles on my 9" the other day. The bearings that were on the axles are tapered rollers that separate as the axle is removed (leaving the outer race in the axle tube). The problem is the only replacement bearings I can find don't come apart to allow me to install th...
by Balls
Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:02 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Cracked pinion pilot bearing support 9"
Replies: 8
Views: 749

Cracked pinion pilot bearing support 9"

Ahhh, I never even considered that. Philo, did you drive yours for long with the crack?

Stu
by Balls
Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:39 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Cracked pinion pilot bearing support 9"
Replies: 8
Views: 749

Cracked pinion pilot bearing support 9"

Thanks guys, I guess I'll risk it. If I was to drop a weld onto the crack won't it just crack again next to the weld. Would preheating the area help?
by Balls
Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:21 am
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Cracked pinion pilot bearing support 9"
Replies: 8
Views: 749

Cracked pinion pilot bearing support 9"

I've just dropped my 3rd member to swap out he open carrier for a Detroit locker and have found a crack near the pinion pilot bearing. I'm gonna need to move this thing in the next few days which will mean driving it a few Kms back home. Will the added stress of running a Detroit likely cause the su...
by Balls
Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:48 am
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100
Replies: 1213
Views: 288925

Re: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100

If you have the time to wait, there is a seller in Phillip Island (can't remember his ebay name but he is F-trucks r us in Cowes) that starts np208s at $100 every now and again. I've bought one off his shelf and it cost me $600.
by Balls
Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:48 am
Forum: Whatever
Topic: More GFB shirts - this is it for a while!
Replies: 27
Views: 3630

Re: More GFB shirts - this is it for a while!

I'll take the M thanks.
by Balls
Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:48 pm
Forum: Non-Broncos
Topic: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100
Replies: 1213
Views: 288925

Re: Rod's 84 BabyBajaF100

Someone needs to build a dual steering box, crossover steering for the TTB! One could build an idler arm to replicate the steering box on the pass side, then reverse the linkage. That would do it. :roll: Finally caught up with my local authorised vehicle engineer today and gained some info on appro...
by Balls
Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:58 am
Forum: Whatever
Topic: GFB Shirts
Replies: 57
Views: 7078

Re: GFB Shirts

Put me down for 1 small and 1 medium please.
by Balls
Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:46 am
Forum: Whatever
Topic: Anyone remember the $500 craigslist rally car?
Replies: 4
Views: 499

Re: Anyone remember the $500 craigslist rally car?

I'd never heard of the $500 craigslist car before reading that article just now. I bet he had more fun at that rally than all the pro drivers combined!
by Balls
Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:31 am
Forum: Whatever
Topic: California Desert races in Sept
Replies: 13
Views: 925

Re: California Desert races in Sept

Thanks for the offer Rick, I'll shoot you a message when I am over there and maybe I can drop by. Thats a sweet looking bronco btw.

Cheers
Stu
by Balls
Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:46 am
Forum: Introductions
Topic: Hi from Downunder
Replies: 25
Views: 2592

Re: Hi from Downunder

Mate that sucks, hope that kid learned his lesson. So are you gonna rebuild the Jeep or are you switching to a bronco?