Search found 48 matches

by Conejoracer
Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:26 pm
Forum: Go-Fast Tech
Topic: 2inch lift GFB?
Replies: 9
Views: 1415

Re: 2inch lift GFB?

I have Eibach 2.5" springs on my Bronco with Dual bilstein shocks. I also have some plated Rancho straight extended radius arms on it. I mounted the radius arms 14" back, to keep the tires centered better in the wheel well. I need to get some cut and turned beams for the 2.5" of lift. It works prett...
by Conejoracer
Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:18 am
Forum: Whatever
Topic: GFB Shirts
Replies: 57
Views: 7031

Re: GFB Shirts

1 large for me.
by Conejoracer
Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:14 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Some observations and questions of mine
Replies: 2
Views: 658

Some observations and questions of mine

Sine this forum is quiet lately, I thought I would post some observations and questions. 1. My 92 Bronco is stripped, no interior (except a bench seat and dash), no top, no tailgate, and 275K miles. It has been plagued with major B-pillar rattles. I discovered that there is a piece of metal that is ...
by Conejoracer
Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:43 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Body mounts.
Replies: 26
Views: 3254

Re: Body mounts.

Mine were fused, and it was a chore to separate them. I used an air chisel to slowly work around the inner part of the sleeve. The material is thin, so it took some time to do it without destroying them. In the end, the four cab mounts I replaced all came out okay and were reusable. The total time w...
by Conejoracer
Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:45 am
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Shift kit options for E4OD
Replies: 2
Views: 620

Shift kit options for E4OD

What are the options for improving the slow shifting E4OD? Are the basic kits (B&M, Transgo, etc.) okay, or is a custom valve body better? In some of these kits, I see a heavy duty and competition option. How hard are the shifts with the competition option? Is there an option to modify how long the ...
by Conejoracer
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:40 am
Forum: Go-Fast Tech
Topic: A question for those running Bilstein 5100's
Replies: 4
Views: 860

Re: A question for those running Bilstein 5100's

Thanks for the info. I need to rethink my "low" approach on my Bronco. I am starting to see why most people go with 4-5" of lift.
by Conejoracer
Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:43 pm
Forum: Go-Fast Tech
Topic: A question for those running Bilstein 5100's
Replies: 4
Views: 860

A question for those running Bilstein 5100's

I see that many people are running 4"coils on the Bronco's, and using Bilstein 5100's. For those of you with this combination, have you modified your factory bumpstops up front to limit compression travel, or do the shocks work with the factory bumpstop position? I'm running 2.5" coils on the front ...
by Conejoracer
Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:26 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Headers, are they worth it for my Bronco?
Replies: 14
Views: 1459

Headers, are they worth it for my Bronco?

Hi, I'm considering putting shorty headers on my 92 Bronco with a 351. The engine is stock, but has a cat-back exhaust. Will I see any noticeable gain in performance, mileage, sound, etc., by putting headers on this engine? I'm trying to determine if it's worth the investment, or if my money is bett...
by Conejoracer
Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: PSOM problem
Replies: 3
Views: 470

Re: PSOM problem

I installed a used cluster ($47-shipped, thanks ebay) and it solved all of the problems. Funny thing too, the transmission works better than ever. I guess while the speedo may have been working before, the signal for the transmission was not the best. Either way, it runs great again.
by Conejoracer
Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:24 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Rancho Long arm install question
Replies: 12
Views: 1305

Re: Rancho Long arm install question

Thank you for all the help. Yes, it looks like 15" is the standard for the Rancho arms. I'm not sure if it is due to my 2.5" of lift, or what, but that was too far back. I like the 13.5" back that I ended up using. I just had it aligned today, and it rides SO much better than it did with the stock r...
by Conejoracer
Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:54 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Rancho Long arm install question
Replies: 12
Views: 1305

Re: Rancho Long arm install question

I ended up moving the brackets to the forward bottom hole I drilled. This is 1.5" closer to the front of the Bronco. The tires are now slightly ahead of "center", and there is a little more clearance for the tire's now. So instead of the radius arms being mounted 15" back, they are now set 13.5" inc...
by Conejoracer
Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:44 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Rancho Long arm install question
Replies: 12
Views: 1305

Re: Rancho Long arm install question

I am running worn down 35" BFG at's now, it does not seem to rub anywhere (except on the radius arms). With new tires, it will probably hit. With only 2.5" of lift, the radius arms are level at ride height. I think having it aligned will move the tires slightly forward, as the eccentrics were rotate...
by Conejoracer
Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:50 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Rancho Long arm install question
Replies: 12
Views: 1305

Rancho Long arm install question

I picked up some nice plated Rancho radius arms from a member here. These are the older straight versions. I have previously installed 2.5" Eibach coils on my Bronco, had it aligned, and it was decent. I installed the Rancho arms today, using the 15" back number for the radius arm mounts. Now that i...
by Conejoracer
Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:44 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: PSOM problem
Replies: 3
Views: 470

PSOM problem

My 92 Bronco with 272K on it is acting up. The speedo/odo went out once, and it did the hard shifting thing. The next morning it was fine again. A month later it has done it again, but seems permanently dead now. I pulled the vss and replaced it because it showed some damage, but it did not fix the ...
by Conejoracer
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:40 am
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Mounting Seats
Replies: 6
Views: 786

Re: Mounting Seats

So it looks like I'd make some simple adapters, like those show for the bucket seat base installs? That seems easy enough!
by Conejoracer
Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:00 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Mounting Seats
Replies: 6
Views: 786

Mounting Seats

Has anyone here mounted off road seats (beard, mastercraft, etc.) to the stock Bronco Bench seat mount? If so, did you buy or fabricate the mounts for that install? I'm building my Bronco on the cheap, so I'd like to install my seats this way until I can have it properly caged.
by Conejoracer
Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm
Forum: Whatever
Topic: Baja 1000 video
Replies: 5
Views: 652

Re: Baja 1000 video

Thanks for the positive replies! I really had a great time, and I'm so happy that my daughter enjoyed the trip. I hope she has the opportunity to enjoy off road racing for many years to come!
by Conejoracer
Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:31 am
Forum: Whatever
Topic: Baja 1000 video
Replies: 5
Views: 652

Baja 1000 video

Here's a little video I put together of the 2010 Baja 1000. I've been going since 1987, and this was my daughters first trip, so that was pretty cool for me. It's mostly stills, with some video throughout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8k8qRxCMI0
by Conejoracer
Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:13 am
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Help with Bronco "Flame out".
Replies: 23
Views: 1404

Re: Help with Bronco "Flame out".

I just wanted to pass on a couple of observations after the repair. The Bronco starts immediately now, where previously it would crank for 2-4 seconds before starting. The throttle response feels crisper as well. I'm not exactly sure what the capacitors that I replaced in the ECM do, but the Bronco ...
by Conejoracer
Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:20 pm
Forum: General Tech
Topic: Help with Bronco "Flame out".
Replies: 23
Views: 1404

Re: Help with Bronco "Flame out".

Sorry I meant to say capacitor, I edited the post. The fuel pump running continually with the key on engine off lead me to the ECM (after eliminating the relays as a possibility). Site's like this one and FSB along with Google make troubleshooting so much easier than in the past!