Search found 32 matches
- Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:20 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: Tina Turner
- Replies: 493
- Views: 64263
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
Bravo! Killer rear suspension.
- Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:39 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: Matt's Bronco
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1044
Re: Matt's Bronco
Need a new steering box first. From doing research it looks like I need to do an equal length steering setup with this kind of suspension travel. My last Bronco was a solid axle so steering was easy to fab, this would definitely push my skill level.
- Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:31 am
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: 95 Black Bronco
- Replies: 357
- Views: 69123
Re: 95 Black Bronco
Awesome Detail with your parts!
- Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:28 am
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: Matt's Bronco
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1044
Re: Matt's Bronco
Thanks. Planning on upgrading the steering next, stock is loose. Hopefully Santa brings a light bar!
- Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:43 am
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: Matt's Bronco
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1044
Matt's Bronco
Didn't post any build pics, here it is today. Running and driving great. Solo Motorsports front coilover setup with Kings, airbumps and straps, cut and turned beams. 4.56 gears with Detroit rear and posi up front, all new bearings, etc. 35" Nitto Muds on 17" Methods wheels. Got a little crazy with t...
- Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:29 am
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Should I rebuild Injectors? Other engine questions.
- Replies: 3
- Views: 936
Should I rebuild Injectors? Other engine questions.
1995 351w 160,000 miles I'm pulling the motor to take care of some small items and remove the smog pump (hacked up by the PO). The motor runs very well, any reason I should consider going through the fuel injectors, i've seen a few rebuild kits on ebay. I would rather not if it might cause some issu...
- Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 am
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Wheel Adapter Info
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1250
Re: Wheel Adapter Info
Agui - Thanks for the info, I'm 50/50 on them as well, just sucks that tires rub. I won't be doing anything crazy enough to break them off, still don't want to risk it though.
Can you buy a hubcentric for Dana 44, or is that a custom machined piece?
Can you buy a hubcentric for Dana 44, or is that a custom machined piece?
- Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:14 pm
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Wheel Adapter Info
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1250
Re: Wheel Adapter Info
Everytime I bring up wheel spacers/ adapters I get a big frowny face from everyone, when I can buy a wheel with the same backspacing that I'll have with the spacers on my current wheels.
It would work as a steering stop but the big lugs on the mud-terrains makes it feel like your running over babies.
It would work as a steering stop but the big lugs on the mud-terrains makes it feel like your running over babies.
- Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:04 pm
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Wheel Adapter Info
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1250
Re: Wheel Adapter Info
I only ask because people talk about wearing out wheel bearing with spacers, just figuring out where that line is.
- Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:04 am
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Wheel Adapter Info
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1250
Re: Wheel Adapter Info
Does a wheel with 4.5" backspacing and 1" adapter/spacer have the same characteritics as the the same wheel with 3.5" backspacing?
- Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:07 am
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Wheel Adapter Info
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1250
Wheel Adapter Info
My front tires (35x12.5) are rubbing the radius arms at full lock, just need about an 1" space. Found these adapter/spacers at Polyperformance, will these work ok, actually I know they will work, but are they safe. I was told lots of loctite and check lugs monthly or so. I'll be doing some highway d...
- Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:23 pm
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Distributor gear stripped
- Replies: 18
- Views: 4314
Re: 1995 Bronco - Dizzy gear - 5.8
Thanks. Got it confirmed at the Napa store too.
- Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:23 pm
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Distributor gear stripped
- Replies: 18
- Views: 4314
1995 Bronco - Dizzy gear - 5.8
Haven't pulled the dizzy yet, but need to replace. How to check for steel or cast gear? I was told that NAPA makes a decent replacement. Thanks
- Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:00 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: King coil over settling?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 448
King coil over settling?
Ive got 2.5 inch king coil overs up front with 350/400 pound springs. Once the truck is on the ground will they settle at all? How much normally?
Side note- picking up 35" nittos tomorrow!!
2nd note - how do you post pics?
Side note- picking up 35" nittos tomorrow!!
2nd note - how do you post pics?
- Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:46 am
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: Front axle bind at full droop.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 820
Re: Front axle bind at full droop.
That's what I'm talkn bout!! Thanks a bunch.Silverslk wrote:From Chris (BajaBronco13) build thread. You can see what Mark at Southwest did.
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... &start=160
- Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:25 am
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: Front axle bind at full droop.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 820
Front axle bind at full droop.
Did some searching, maybe someone can point me in the right direction quicker. Installed Solo engine cage with 12" King coil overs, at full droop the passanger U-Joint binds at the slip joint. There is clearence when the joint is at one position, but when you rotate 90 deg it binds. I looked at some...
- Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:00 am
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Re flaring stock brake lines.
- Replies: 8
- Views: 931
Re: Re flaring stock brake lines.
Thanks!damon1272 wrote:No issues. Make sure you use a quality tool to do it with Lisle makes the flaring tool for most of the big name tool companies (snap on mac matco). Just be sure not to crush it at the end of the flare and do not apply side pressure when flaring.
- Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:26 pm
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Re flaring stock brake lines.
- Replies: 8
- Views: 931
Re flaring stock brake lines.
Anyone had any issues re-flaring stock brake lines? Removed my abs, need to remove Ford bubble flare and add standard fitting with double flare. 95 bronco
- Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:23 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1218
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
ABS Removed!! Wasn't so bad still need to install a proportioning valve. Any recommendations ? Don't need anything fancy just reliable. Thanks
- Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:10 pm
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: recalibrating computer for new gears and tires
- Replies: 1
- Views: 359
recalibrating computer for new gears and tires
Installing 4:56 gears and 35s, do I need to recalibrate anything? Did't know if the new gearing would affect the tone ring in the rear and, then causing the transmission to act up.
Thanks!
Thanks!
