Search found 20 matches
- Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:54 am
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
We are taking pre-orders for them now. The price is 1,995$ a set. I will post when we have complete sets that are ready to ship.
- Thu May 17, 2012 2:45 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
The axles are in the testing stage and hopefully we will be ready to be able to take orders around mid June.
- Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:24 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
I asked about the max angle 40° is about it.
- Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:11 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
The pic I posted of our shaft is at the max angle, about 40-45° I think.
I'd like to point out also that we can do custom length shafts for cut and extended beams for no extra charge.
I'd like to point out also that we can do custom length shafts for cut and extended beams for no extra charge.
- Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:15 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
I brought in my 44 hd shafts and we're working on a set for my dana 50. As soon as I get my boat sides finished and a full skid pan made I'm gonna try to make it to a few off road parks. I'm not setting a date for when they'll be ready for sale yet but hopefully it will be this spring. 2000 dollars ...
- Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:10 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
Thanks.
- Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:20 am
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
I don't suppose anybody has or knows where I can get a drawing of the bolt in style shaft for the ttb.
- Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:08 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
The current price is set at 1995$. I know its high but our basic D44 straight axle kit is 1285$. The TTB shafts require more parts and more machining. Also keep in mind our D44 solid axle shafts are capable of up to 40" tires. All the shafts are 4340 and the joints are 300m. They will have the same ...
- Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:48 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
CV joints are stronger and can operating at greater angles than u- joints.
- Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:01 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
It is the same as the joint in our solid axle dana 44 kits, about 3.75".
- Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:10 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
Don't know Sean has look at one of those. If somebody has a shaft they want to send to us we can make the bar.
- Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:16 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
The first set of D44 ttb axles have been sent out for testing. Here's a picture of the passenger side shaft assembly. The differential stub is on the top and the wheel stub on the bottom.
- Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:38 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
RCV joints are the bomb to replace the Brifields, I read that they do not recommend putting them on a daily drive or any freeway driving with the RCV joints? Can you shed some light on why? Thanks Our axles CAN be run on a dd and are ok for freeway use. Maintenance wise they are basically they are ...
- Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:33 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
No big hurry I'd be surprised if it were over 45*. I'm just trying to see if it might be a feasible idea. Other that custom axle sets does anyone even make a set of chromoly shafts for the ttb. They have a design for the dana 44 but i haven't seen a finished product let alone a print. If nothing els...
- Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:04 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
If someone could find out what the max angle is on a long travel setup that would be very helpful. I know it will likely vary per truck but it would be nice to have a close number.
- Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:17 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
Its all in the design stage right now. I'm going to use my dana 50 to test it and work out the bugs :mrgreen:. I'm hoping it won't be more expensive than our dana 60 axles. Material will be mostly 4340 with some parts being 300m. There has been some playing with the dana 44 ttb already so i'm hoping...
- Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:53 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
Re: CV jointed TTB
No pics but if i remember when I go back to work after the weekend I'll post a pic of the joint. Here is a pic of our dana 44 axle set that uses the same joint.


- Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:10 pm
- Forum: Introductions
- Topic: Hello from the midwest
- Replies: 4
- Views: 421
Re: Hello from the midwest
By the way Tom's (BajaF250) is the reason I'm keeping my TTB. Love the truck man hope to see it in person someday.
- Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:01 pm
- Forum: Go-Fast Tech
- Topic: CV jointed -Threads merged.
- Replies: 87
- Views: 7851
CV jointed -Threads merged.
Just curious if anyone would ever buy a cv jointed (ball type) set of shafts for a TTB axle. If you have ever seen a RCV Performance Dana 44 axle set those are the joint I'm thinking of using. I won't be setting the price for it but I would like to keep it reasonable i.e. cheaper than a decked out d...
- Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:50 pm
- Forum: Introductions
- Topic: Hello from the midwest
- Replies: 4
- Views: 421
Hello from the midwest
Hello y'all my name is Tom and a few months ago i found this awesome forum. I live in Rockford, IL and work at RCV Performance. Ive only been there a few months but i should be working sales and tech support in a few more then you can ask questions if you have any. Last year I bought a 89 F250 IDI a...
