Search found 389 matches
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 10:12 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
So...... PIP failed. Almost to the glassworks off 395 next to Owens Lake. No parts available anywhere in the Valley or the high desert. Was supposed to meet the rest of the group for a trip the following day at noon at Mono Cone in Lee Vining. Flatbed home, 4 hrs sleep, throw stuff in the TRD O-R DD...
- Sun Aug 09, 2026 4:34 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: Wilson the Stretched Bronco - Prerunner turned Prelander?
- Replies: 115
- Views: 212466
Re: Wilson the Stretched Bronco - Prerunner turned Prelander?
I get it. I've been waffling on selling the Bronc-up for 3-4 years. Thing is, I've a friend who wants it. He also seems to understand how hard some things are to let go. He's also about maxed out on places to park toys, so one of his may have to go just to make room. I really do need to get into car...
- Sun Aug 09, 2026 4:28 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
Added a 7 pass or so stacked plate/fin cooler. When I was leak checking it I realized that the hyd filter gets a pretty good 'prop-wash' off the fan, so my next mini project is going to be to make an AL heat-shield for it. I also fixed the Protofab rear bumper latch for the right swing-away, for the...
- Fri Jul 10, 2026 9:41 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
Well so that trip to Big Bear revealed a problem with the PS cooler. It still has the stock cooler on it, but the drive out to Lucerne Valley was just short of 100°F ambient and once the PSF got hot the OEM cooler was over matched and the pump started whining. The next day on the drive home it was ~...
- Sat Jun 13, 2026 8:59 am
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
Got a win this morning. Nothing like last minute prep, heading up to Big Bear for the Bronco Bash's festivities this evening and I needed to swap out the PS rez. I'd added a pressure relief valve to the vent on my own rez and had been testing it. System still whined, but I hadn't gotten as far as do...
- Sun Apr 26, 2026 12:07 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
After adding a bung and a 15psi pressure relief valve to my fabricated remote PS reservoir and getting the original PS box back from Lee PS I bought a new hydraulic filter and installed all of it. Used GM 10-5073 PSF exclusively to fill to system and it has just a tiny bit of PS noise. I suspect tha...
- Mon Apr 13, 2026 4:29 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
Always wondered if this was done, glad that I don't need to.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1403700860853736
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1403700860853736
- Mon Apr 13, 2026 9:02 am
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
The fit isn't so tight that a bearing won't go on, it's just tight enough that it's not a slip-fit. I'd forgotten that I had to use the wheel bearing nut to push it into place during the first assembly. It wasn't in need of a ratchet to push it on, I could turn the socket directly by hand w/o any st...
- Sun Apr 12, 2026 10:03 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
There's a reason why I sometimes call this truck "Snowball"......
- Sat Apr 11, 2026 3:24 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
RR wheel bearing seal started leaking. On pulling it apart I found a groove in the seal surface on the spindle. There is no "Speedi-Sleeve" or similar made for this, so I filled the groove with J-B Weld Putty and then carefully sanded off all that didn't fill the groove and polished the surface. Som...
- Thu Feb 26, 2026 9:49 am
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Cab mounted dust lights/chase lights
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7597
Re: Cab mounted dust lights/chase lights
I had the opportunity to follow a guy who had two of them mounted to his LR's roof rack. They have multiple flashing modes, but I use mine with no flashing. I was surprised at how far away I could see his. I read somewhere that when flashing they're some small percentage brighter than when just soli...
- Sat Jan 17, 2026 1:25 pm
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Cab mounted dust lights/chase lights
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7597
Re: Cab mounted dust lights/chase lights
I was able to pull the CHMSL and run the wiring up next to it's wiring. Actually was pretty simple to do.
For an older truck like yours I think that I'd just make a plate that mounted in place of the bed light, and then mount the amber to that plate.
For an older truck like yours I think that I'd just make a plate that mounted in place of the bed light, and then mount the amber to that plate.
- Tue Nov 18, 2025 11:22 am
- Forum: General Tech
- Topic: Cab mounted dust lights/chase lights
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7597
Re: Cab mounted dust lights/chase lights
I use one of these for the dust light: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SZL3MFQ

Mounted it under the CHMSL:


Mounted it under the CHMSL:

- Sat Aug 30, 2025 8:46 am
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
My HS Auto Shop instructor was big on using a thin smear of white lithium grease on one surface of frequently R&R'd gaskets like rocker cover gaskets.
I used Hylomar on both faces of the throttle body gasket.
I used Hylomar on both faces of the throttle body gasket.
- Fri Aug 29, 2025 8:24 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: Wilson the Stretched Bronco - Prerunner turned Prelander?
- Replies: 115
- Views: 212466
Re: Rugged Radios Stretched Bronco - Factory Race Support, Tacos, and Coffee!
This is the water can that I was looking for:


- Fri Aug 29, 2025 4:56 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: Wilson the Stretched Bronco - Prerunner turned Prelander?
- Replies: 115
- Views: 212466
Re: Rugged Radios Stretched Bronco - Factory Race Support, Tacos, and Coffee!
Frontrunner used to sell a plastic can for water that fit perfectly into a NATO can holder. Nice thing about it was that with the can upright it had a spigot in a bottom corner. I was hoping that they still sold it as I want one for the Wagon(eer) project. They don't. In the process of looking I spo...
- Wed Jul 16, 2025 2:07 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
All of the added-on electrical/electronics. Race radio(s), fridge, charge ports, GPS, OBA, etc. I already had both the ACR and the battery bank switch from a project they weren't used on, and the battery that recently crapped out as it was the starting battery when I bought the truck. Li would have ...
- Thu Jul 03, 2025 8:51 am
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
I keep hoping that the ABS warning light will burn out. I didn't really want to disassemble the dash to remove it. No luck so far......
- Fri Jun 27, 2025 5:48 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
The 'house' battery died. Dead, it's flat dead. I put a Deka AGM in there in it's place. Presto! Everything works again. House battery was the one in the truck when I bought it. PO told not to expect too much from it as it was old when I bought it. When I put an Odyssey in the starting battery locat...
- Sun Jun 15, 2025 7:34 pm
- Forum: Big Broncos
- Topic: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
- Replies: 271
- Views: 282351
Re: "Blanc-Oh!", my distraction
Finally got back around to the OBA system. Poked and prodded with a DVOM in hand and discovered that the reason that compressor isn't running is because the BLEM stamped 'house battery' has finally died. It's a Group 65, the decision is: replace it with another liquid lead-acid (~$250), a generic AG...
