core support changes 80-96

shockseals.com

core support changes 80-96

Post by shockseals.com »

Did the core supports change anywhere from 80-96? Ive got a badass tubular core support Charlie Foreman made years back for his personal bronco which was an 89 updated to 96 grill/lights/etc...im curious if its a direct fit on a 96 for radiator/condenser/misc BS/etc...or if its going to be a handful of changes to make fit. It integrated tubular fender mounts for glass which also remount all the factory bs on the wheel wells. If I had to guess it has well over 100 hours of fab into it just from all the bitchen machined pieces, dimpled plates, whacky bends to mimic factory mounts, etc...I definitely want to use it but not if its going to be reinventing the wheel to get everything mounted.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: core support changes 80-96

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I've looked at them all with the grill off, etc. and I can't say I remember for sure. I don't think there's a ton of difference though & if anything I think there'd be more of a difference between the 80-86 ones and the later ones than there would be in the 87-91 vs. 92-96.

I'll see if I can't dig up any pics of the stuff I've parted that may help you decide.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Ok - here's a couple pics of a stripped '86 core support for general reference. I have pics of the radiator & AC stuff too I think, but figuring your focus may be on the 87-91 vs. 92-96 at this point.
core support.jpg
core support.jpg (81.32 KiB) Viewed 235 times
core support 2.jpg
core support 2.jpg (78.96 KiB) Viewed 235 times
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Not a direct fit, and as a result, I will take it off your hands..... Thanks. ;)
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

The frame mounts are the same... the only thing that I think might be different is the radiator mount and hood latch. Since you probably don't have a hood latch....
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

philofab wrote:The frame mounts are the same... the only thing that I think might be different is the radiator mount and hood latch. Since you probably don't have a hood latch....
There are differences between the F150/Bronco and F/250; F/350 as well...
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

robertcrav wrote:
philofab wrote:The frame mounts are the same... the only thing that I think might be different is the radiator mount and hood latch. Since you probably don't have a hood latch....
The major difference is if it was diesel... most everything else between them is the same. Sometimes you have to drill holes...
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

philofab wrote:
robertcrav wrote:
The major difference is if it was diesel... most everything else between them is the same. Sometimes you have to drill holes...
Yes...the diesel part is what I meant, the bottom edge drops lower... found this out trying to fit a 6.0 trans cooler to the front of my truck... no fittie