I REALLY like this forum, but the format is so HARD to read!

sydude
Bronco Info: 1992 Restored Bronco w/Built 302x, All Glass, Full Cage, Bilstein 9100's & Deavers

I REALLY like this forum, but the format is so HARD to read!

Post by sydude »

SteveG wrote:Editing... maybe I just forgot to remove it from this forum. It appears you guys can edit in the least used forum... enjoy. Hahaha!

Things seem to be back to the way it was in the old days, I suppose we could revisit the edit feature. There is still one enemy sleeping among us but he is a coward as he attacked without revealing his identity... whatever. Moving on!

The great thing about phpbb forum software is it's free. The bad thing is, nothing is simple and everything is a pain in the ass... Edit will come back in some form but it will be a while as it is a slow process and time is at a premium these days.
Steve, have you thought about trying the 'edit post time limit' setting? That's what I use on my forum and it works well. I think I have mine set to allow users to edit posts within a few hours. That gives them the ability to fix truly unintended mistakes but won't allow them to alter or destroy long term content.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Re: I REALLY like this forum, but the format is so HARD to read!

Post by Silverslk »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I've always thought of the background here as black as well. Now that you brought it up it may be a charcoal grey, but not light grey by any means. I have absolutely zero issue seeing the white letters on the dark background.

x2!!

Is it possible you are color blind? I am not but from my understanding reds are hard to see and everything is a shade of grey.....
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

SteveG wrote:Editing... maybe I just forgot to remove it from this forum. It appears you guys can edit in the least used forum... enjoy. Hahaha!

Things seem to be back to the way it was in the old days, I suppose we could revisit the edit feature. There is still one enemy sleeping among us but he is a coward as he attacked without revealing his identity... whatever. Moving on!
Awesome on the 1st part. The latter part of this still pisses me off routinely...

ESHALLBETTER wrote:My 2 cents on edit if you bring it back. I enjoy a drama free lifestyle first and foremost, but I like the idea that you get one chance to edit a post after you make it. This lets you fix spelling or grammar or some other simple mistake. Once you leave the thread or edit it once, that's it.
I'm all for this, as I think most are & have mentioned before. I can totally get the time issue though & am in no rush.

Silverslk wrote:Is it possible you are color blind? I am not but from my understanding reds are hard to see and everything is a shade of grey.....
I thought about asking this, but my thought was if he could see the red it would not be color blindness. Then again I don't know much about that so I could be way wrong.
Prizefighter
Bronco Info: 1978 Ford Bronco, 74 Bronco

Post by Prizefighter »

Silverslk wrote:Is it possible you are color blind? I am not but from my understanding reds are hard to see and everything is a shade of grey.....
I'm not color blind. If I was color blind at 33 and didn't know it something would be terribly wrong. :lol:

The navigation and layout of the topics, threads, and posts is also cumbersome.

When I think of contrast I think of the following:
White background: black font
White Background: blue font
Black background: white font
Dark blue background: white font

Look, anybody can find something to grip about and I don't mean to be that guy. I visit 5 other forums regularly and this the most difficult one. Edit option isn't really that big of a deal to me.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

The layout here seems to be just like the other 5 forums I visit regularly though and no different or more cumbersome.

The colors, while different are no more hard to read either.

In fact the colors here seem to be on you list of acceptable = white font on a black background...
Prizefighter

Post by Prizefighter »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:The layout here seems to be just like the other 5 forums I visit regularly though and no different or more cumbersome.

The colors, while different are no more hard to read either.

In fact the colors here seem to be on you list of acceptable = white font on a black background...
You said it was charcoal grey earlier. Not turning this into a pissing contest. Please list the forums you say are not different, I would like to see their layout too.

Mine are classicbroncos, pirate, race-desert, 460ford, Arkansascrawlers. All four are the same and different from this one, Race-desert is a little different but still easier to read and navigate.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I'm 31 and didn't know I was color blind until I got a wife...
Prizefighter

Post by Prizefighter »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:I'm 31 and didn't know I was color blind until I got a wife...
Cool story bro. I've been married 5 years, if I'm color blind it's because she said so.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Yes, you called me on the grey. Charcoal grey is closer to black than it is to light grey so I lumped it together. As I also said previously I never would have really considered it grey until you brought it up. At a glance this site looks black, white & red. You seem to be the only one here who is seeing it different for some reason...

Forums are:
Dezertrangers.com
desertrides.com
RDC
ford-trucks.com
cumminsforum.com

Yes they are all slightly different, but still phpbb & therefore still very similar. A master forum with sub forum categories listed.
Silverslk

Post by Silverslk »

Put up a "Print screen" or pic of what your screen looks like so we can compare...
Prizefighter

Post by Prizefighter »

Silverslk wrote:Put up a "Print screen" or pic of what your screen looks like so we can compare...
I'm at work, it looks like yours I'm sure.
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

Is this what it looks like to you, prizefighter?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Andy just emailed me about doing a printscreen. I like the idea, so here's a couple I just did.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Prizefighter

Post by Prizefighter »

Thanks, top left corner is def black. Others grey. I guess it's something I'll get used to. Like I said I like this forum, it's just an adjustment from using the other ones so much.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Have you tried adjusting to the "silverpro" version? It may be easier to see as it's a white background with black text, but it totally changes the appearance of the site.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Silver pro:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Prizefighter

Post by Prizefighter »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Have you tried adjusting to the "silverpro" version? It may be easier to see as it's a white background with black text, but it totally changes the appearance of the site.
RMC's picture looks cool. How do I do that? I'm using a lap top at home, not iphone.
Silverslk

Post by Silverslk »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Try this, you may like it better....

Go to User Control Panel under the GoFastBroncos banner. On the left hand side there should be a "board preferances" tab. Click on it, then go to "my board preferances" and change the drop down from "acid red" to "prosilver"
Prizefighter

Post by Prizefighter »

Silverslk wrote:
ESHALLBETTER wrote:Try this, you may like it better....

Go to User Control Panel under the GoFastBroncos banner. On the left hand side there should be a "board preferances" tab. Click on it, then go to "my board preferances" and change the drop down from "acid red" to "prosilver"
My life has just changed forever.... :lol: Thank you! This is 100% better, I can see!! :geek: Looks so American too, I am digging this a lot. Completely changes the feel of this site, ever thought about making this the default instead of the grey/red?

Thanks again fellows, game changer. I will be using this site more now.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Glad to be of assistance!