Stand Alone Fuel Injection & E4OD Controllers??

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Stand Alone Fuel Injection & E4OD Controllers??

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Interested to hear input on this. I was toying with using something like this, the FAST or megasquirt on an air gap manifold when I had my supercab project.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
De$ertBronco
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Post by De$ertBronco »

From what I heard a while back from a couple people the FAST systems have a good amount of issues. I can't remember specifically what, but if you look at the reviews online there are plenty of people with problems. Fitech's biggest problem seems to be their fuel command center and their customer service. I personally have called them on several occasions to discuss options and such and they have been pretty good besides a long hold time a couple times... NOWHERE near the wait times I experienced when I called Holley/MSD though. I went with the Fitech stand alone GO PORT EFI so I could run a different intake manifold, injectors and fuel rails. Port fuel injection is quite a bit better, but will cost more obviously. My motor is a high performance build, but most will be fine using the manifold & injectors fitech provides on their complete GO PORT setups.
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

De$ertBronco wrote:From what I heard a while back from a couple people the FAST systems have a good amount of issues. I can't remember specifically what, but if you look at the reviews online there are plenty of people with problems. Fitech's biggest problem seems to be their fuel command center and their customer service. I personally have called them on several occasions to discuss options and such and they have been pretty good besides a long hold time a couple times... NOWHERE near the wait times I experienced when I called Holley/MSD though. I went with the Fitech stand alone GO PORT EFI so I could run a different intake manifold, injectors and fuel rails. Port fuel injection is quite a bit better, but will cost more obviously. My motor is a high performance build, but most will be fine using the manifold & injectors fitech provides on their complete GO PORT setups.

Is this on a 351w and what manifold did you use, also can you post some pictures if you have them? Appreciate it!
I'M ALL JACKED UP ON MOUNTIN DEWwwwww!
De$ertBronco
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Post by De$ertBronco »

Cactus Cooler wrote:
De$ertBronco wrote:From what I heard a while back from a couple people the FAST systems have a good amount of issues. I can't remember specifically what, but if you look at the reviews online there are plenty of people with problems. Fitech's biggest problem seems to be their fuel command center and their customer service. I personally have called them on several occasions to discuss options and such and they have been pretty good besides a long hold time a couple times... NOWHERE near the wait times I experienced when I called Holley/MSD though. I went with the Fitech stand alone GO PORT EFI so I could run a different intake manifold, injectors and fuel rails. Port fuel injection is quite a bit better, but will cost more obviously. My motor is a high performance build, but most will be fine using the manifold & injectors fitech provides on their complete GO PORT setups.

Is this on a 351w and what manifold did you use, also can you post some pictures if you have them? Appreciate it!

Mines a 427 sbf (351w based), but isn't completed yet. I am running a ported edelbrock super victor intake and fuel rails with 60 lb/hr siemens deka (TFS) injectors... Fitech has a complete 351w go port setup for 200-550hp part# 32454 using their own house brand intake and injectors