Pos + Battery Cable Harness

Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

1996, 351W.

Looking for a donor positive side harness. Complete and uncut if possible. Looking to re-make it with better connections and extra power leads.
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Re: Pos + Battery Cable Harness

Post by biggiek »

There is a guy who sells upgraded new ones for 180 a set I believe.
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

I've seen that kit, but looking at my factory harness, there's a lot more going on that what his little pictures show. If I'm gonna re-do part of it, i want to just re-do the whole shebang.

Plus I plan on running a full gauge Anderson plug connection out to the front grill, and maybe to the rear bumper area for potential future cradle mounted winch.
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Man I can only say what I’ve done personally and what I’ve seen and used but here are my thoughts. I’ve used the 2/0 cable and it’s just entirely too damn big; about 2ga is way more than enough and way more flexible. Use welding cable and shop around. Buy one of those hammer crimpers as they work really well. Last is military terminals at the battery; you bolt on a terminal using good hardened bolts. The stereo shop stuff uses like small gimpy Allen screws and all non-hardened metals. Lead and copper terminals properly crimped and glue lined heat shrink work flawlessly and is the connection you’ll see on the TT winning the 1000 - not stereo shop stuff that’s meant for a street car.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

VintageIronFab wrote:Man I can only say what I’ve done personally and what I’ve seen and used but here are my thoughts. I’ve used the 2/0 cable and it’s just entirely too damn big; about 2ga is way more than enough and way more flexible. Use welding cable and shop around. Buy one of those hammer crimpers as they work really well. Last is military terminals at the battery; you bolt on a terminal using good hardened bolts. The stereo shop stuff uses like small gimpy Allen screws and all non-hardened metals. Lead and copper terminals properly crimped and glue lined heat shrink work flawlessly and is the connection you’ll see on the TT winning the 1000 - not stereo shop stuff that’s meant for a street car.
Thank you! I am planning to use welding cable, copper terminals, and glue line heat shrink. I hate the look of stereo shop stuff as well. I actually have a hydraulic crimper at work, so i shouldn't have any issues with the copper terminals. Trying to eliminate weak links, possible loose connections, and extra maintenance items.
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

Becks_Bronco wrote:
I've seen that kit, but looking at my factory harness, there's a lot more going on that what his little pictures show. If I'm gonna re-do part of it, i want to just re-do the whole shebang.

Plus I plan on running a full gauge Anderson plug connection out to the front grill, and maybe to the rear bumper area for potential future cradle mounted winch.

What more were you looking for? i have this setup on my truck and it covered everything between the battery starter solenoid and the starter.
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

S00TLYFE wrote:
Becks_Bronco wrote:

What more were you looking for? i have this setup on my truck and it covered everything between the battery starter solenoid and the starter.
I do too and it replaced everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Ok, dug into my truck, i was just thrown off by other wiring being coupled in with the battery leads, all wrapped in the same loom. It looks pretty straight forward. I do however want to incorporate clean leads for the sPod, my radio, and the amp power leads. I may add an extra power pigtail, and make it all one assembly. I'll have to start planning that out.