Alcoa wheel nuts and 92 - 96 cup holders.

AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Alcoa wheel nuts and 92 - 96 cup holders.

Post by AussieRod »

These are the lug nuts that came with my Alcoas:
P1010023.JPG
One is missing from the set, one has no end cap and 2 others have damaged thread (could be fixed with a tap).
If anyone has some looking for a good home, I'm interested. Min. 5, prefer 10, if possible.

Also, I need 2 cup holder inserts for the 92 - 96 centree console box:
P1010022.JPG
Let me know what you have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Alcoa wheel nuts and 92 - 96 cup holders.

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'm thinking I have the lug nuts. Assuming thread on these is 1/2-20 like over here?
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Stan the Man
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco, trail ready/sand loving.

Post by Stan the Man »

I have the cup holders but you'd have to buy the whole console.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I'm thinking I have the lug nuts. Assuming thread on these is 1/2-20 like over here?
Yep. Not planning to go larger (yet). Cost and postage? I'll paypal as soon as you require.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

AussieRod wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:I'm thinking I have the lug nuts. Assuming thread on these is 1/2-20 like over here?
Yep. Not planning to go larger (yet). Cost and postage? I'll paypal as soon as you require.
Bugger! Myers Flat Victoria, Australia 3556.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

AussieRod wrote:
Colour?
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

Stan the Man wrote:I have the cup holders but you'd have to buy the whole console.
Colour?
Bloody hell, I need to wear my glasses when posting, keep clicking on the wrong posts! :oops: :oops:
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I think that last quote was for Stan.

As for the lugs - let me dig tonight & see what I can find for you. I know I have a couple bins full of lug nuts and many have come off broncos with alcoas. I've just gotta check length's etc. I'll snap some pics & probably do one with a ruler there. It'll be your job to convert to that funky old metric system ;)

As for price - we'll see how many I have, what you want & then we'll pick something. Shipping we can figure out. Been a while since I sent you stuff, but last time I think USPS was the nest rate. We'll get to that part.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I think that last quote was for Stan.

As for the lugs - let me dig tonight & see what I can find for you. I know I have a couple bins full of lug nuts and many have come off broncos with alcoas. I've just gotta check length's etc. I'll snap some pics & probably do one with a ruler there. It'll be your job to convert to that funky old metric system ;)

As for price - we'll see how many I have, what you want & then we'll pick something. Shipping we can figure out. Been a while since I sent you stuff, but last time I think USPS was the nest rate. We'll get to that part.
It was, sorry. As for the rest, I'm good with that. ;)
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Here's what I've got. 2nd stack from left = the ones I think are like yours, so the 2nd pic is closer with a measurement. Looks like +/-1.4" overall, but I can put a caliper on them for true length if you want. I've got 8 of those.
Lugs 2 10-26-18.jpg
Lugs 1 10-26-18.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

The middle stack (7 of um) in the top pic is a very similar style, but they are a bit taller. I can measure those if you'd like too.

The set on the right is longest and I have 25 if you'd want all matchy matchy. Some have a lot of "patina" on them though. I personally like the open end ones like I have in the yellow bins at upper left.

I BELIEVE the taper is the same on all of these sets I have. I haven't looked closely so as to verify though
Stan the Man
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco, trail ready/sand loving.

Post by Stan the Man »

AussieRod wrote:
Stan the Man wrote:I have the cup holders but you'd have to buy the whole console.
Colour?
Bloody hell, I need to wear my glasses when posting, keep clicking on the wrong posts! :oops: :oops:
Same as yours - tan from my 96. Just realized you’re in Australia. Shipping might be speedy for the whole thing but I can check rates for you.

Send me a pm with email address and I’ll get you some photos.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:The middle stack (7 of um) in the top pic is a very similar style, but they are a bit taller. I can measure those if you'd like too.

The set on the right is longest and I have 25 if you'd want all matchy matchy. Some have a lot of "patina" on them though. I personally like the open end ones like I have in the yellow bins at upper left.

I BELIEVE the taper is the same on all of these sets I have. I haven't looked closely so as to verify though
OK. This is what I have:
Hex length 3/4":
P1010028.JPG
Closed and open end basically identical, apart from the obvious:
P1010029.JPG
P1010030.JPG
If those open end ones are the same hex length, I'd be happy to rid you of a full set (20) + 5 for spares. Personally, I'd prefer the open ended ones, too, as I will go to longer studs once the rego bit is out of the way.
Let me know.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Where's you get a real ruler down there?!? :shock: :lol:

I'll get more lengths and pics today. The long ones on the far right are closed top. The ones in the yellow bins are open but much shorter. I have a couple random open ones like you have the pic of.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

So here's what I've got.

Originally I thought you had these:
Lugs 8.jpg

But now I'm thinking it's these:
Lugs 7.jpg

I also have 2 of those open top ones you have:
Lugs 3.jpg
Lugs 3a.jpg
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I've also got a single, closed top version like those last ones above if you'd want that.

Here are my other styles though:

These are the long ones that were on the far right in my 1st pic from yesterday:
Lugs 5.jpg
Lugs 5a.jpg

Another closed style. 2nd from right in 1st pic - have 6 of um.
Lugs 6.jpg

Then these are the open ones. I'm thinking the bigger version of these is what I'd prefer to keep on hand/have around out of any of these.
Lugs 1.jpg
Lugs 2.jpg
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Rod - any further thoughts on these & what you'd want if any? Let me know & we can start looking at shipping costs.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

Sorry for the delay, I've been overwealmed at work and home lately. I'll take the ones circled:
InkedLugs 2 10-26-18_LI.jpg
Whenever you have time, I'm in no hurry, as we are leaving for O/S next week.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Not a problem. I figured you were distracted with more fun stuff like actually driving your truck and workin out the little kinks.

PM me the shipping address again & I'll have a look at what may work best. If I remember right USPS was the best price wise last time, but may not be awesome reliability wise.

Either way, these will fit in a pretty small box, so aside from the long trip & the usual badgering due to that, shipping shouldn't be too bad. I'll find a box and get a weight & we can start playin with prices.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Not a problem. I figured you were distracted with more fun stuff like actually driving your truck and workin out the little kinks.

PM me the shipping address again & I'll have a look at what may work best. If I remember right USPS was the best price wise last time, but may not be awesome reliability wise.

Either way, these will fit in a pretty small box, so aside from the long trip & the usual badgering due to that, shipping shouldn't be too bad. I'll find a box and get a weight & we can start playin with prices.
PM'd you my address. Like I said, no hurry, whatever fits in with your shedule. Actually, between work and getting stuff done at home, I HAVE been driving my truck, to work and back, errands, etc. It has some small issues, but I'm gradually getting on top of them. It's nice to drive it again, though, I've missed the ol' girl. The extra power is good, too, I can light up the tyres from a standing start too easily, I have to be carefull not to attract the local plodders.