Fuel fill parts - anybody cutting for fiberglass bedsides???

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Random, but I am looking for a couple of the fuel fill door parts for a project on my crew. Figured I had a setup before & dumped it thinking I'd never need it...

Anybody here cutting their rear quarters & going to fiberglass & car to save a bit of what is cut off?
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

I can get you one Steve if you need it off a 90s bronco.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Re: Fuel fill parts - anybody cutting for fiberglass bedsides???

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Do you still have that red 92-96 carcass lying around? If so the one off that might work.

In looking a bit more tonight what parts I need may depend on what year it comes from. I had stuff from an 80-86 that I think may work best for what I need IF I am remembering the setup right. I actually have one off a '96 that I am using to add a fuel door to my crew, and I think the '87 setup I had was the same as that. That stuff can be made to work I'd think, but will take a little more effort.

At this point I'll take anything someone is giving away in hopes of making something work.

A little more info on what I am doing may help...

On the early 70's Fords the gas fill for under bed tanks weren't accessed by doors, the gas fill was just an indent in the side of the bed, similar to the gas cab sticking out the cab behind the rear door in the pic below (the main tank on these trucks were in the cab behind the seat). Tanks under the bed were options. If you didn't get an auxiliary/under bed tank they would put a little "cap" in the bed to fill the hole for the fuel fill. This "cap" can be seen in the old pic of my truck below. It's the circle where the gas door would be on a typical truck today.
I am cutting out this fill neck hole & replacing it with the door off the '96 bronco. The stock, round gas fill hole & "cap" I'm going to move to the section in front of the rear wheel so as to be an access door for my on board air chuck. I will be using parts off a newer truck of some sort to make this round fill "cap" swing out like a standard gas door of today. So I really need the arm that makes the fuel door swing out & the whatever it mounts to so I can weld that to the inside of my bedside. I can also just make the mount for the arm most likely.
74 f-250 small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Are you looking for the actual door or the recess in the baby panel?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Totally depends on the setup which varies by body style. If 92-96 I think I could make due with just the door with the arm attached
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Edit: I think 87-96 would be ok with the door
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Post by Quailhunter »

Check San Diego Craig's list. There has been a gas door setup for sale.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

thanks Rob. I gave my last 2 away to GFB buys. Was hoping someone would be cutting up something & gonna toss it & I could just have parts. I haven't quite hit the need level yet to want to pay much or travel a ton, but rather was putting my feelers out a bit early. As time goes on if I haven't found anything that may change.