WTB factory GT bar / roll bar

JoseBronco
Bronco Info: 1973 302, 1979 351, 1981 351

WTB factory GT bar / roll bar

Post by JoseBronco »

Hello,
I am looking for a factory GT bar roll bar for a 1980 and later Bronco.

Thanks
sj9268130
Bronco Info: PayPalgytghg

Re: WTB factory GT bar / roll bar

Post by sj9268130 »

contact mark Johnson @mj5436788@gmail.com if you are still interested

Sent from my TECNO KC6 using Tapatalk

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Careful of the above post and ask for VERY specific pictures if you start talking to this guy. LOTS of scammers starting to hit the wanted ads in classifieds now and they are getting pretty sophisticated for sure. I put up a wanted add on dezertrangers and got a bunch of replies like the above. The 1st one had me at 1st but after talking to them suspicions arose. In the course of asking more questions and asking for specific pics I got 3-4 more replies just like the above saying a friend had what I was looking for (tundra bumper). They grab pics from google to show the parts they "have".
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
sj9268130
Bronco Info: PayPalgytghg

Post by sj9268130 »

you are right lot of scammers out there i lost my $360 last month not until I found out that mark is a trustworthy and i deal with him alot of time

Sent from my TECNO KC6 using Tapatalk

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

All well and good. If Mark is actually a guy with the parts he should be able to answer and basic questions any buyer would have. This is a pretty quick way to weed out scammers on parts like this.

Since we're on the topic, here's a couple other things to look at:
Post count and join date. While it definitely can happen, it is rare to have someone join the forum just to post that they know someone who has the part a want ad is looking for. Note also the "bronco info" in this specific case. All the replies I got to my wanted ad were brand new joins to the forum with weird text in the "other info" type areas of the profile you fill out.
Note that from my experience the scammer posts they know someone who has the part and gives an email name with a very "traditional american" sounding name. Then when you actually start talking to them you can definitely tell English is not their first language.
On all of my replies they were trying to sell the part for an all in one shipped price which seemed too good to be true for what the part was. Tundra bumper from Colorado to CA for $200 shipped. Seems odd...

Good luck!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
beampro5
Bronco Info: Ford Branco 2018

Post by beampro5 »

Ok