EEC4 up grade or not?

tlatoolman
Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 6 inch lift convertded to Mass Air Flow looking to re do front and rear to long trivel

EEC4 up grade or not?

Post by tlatoolman »

Hi every one.In my 1994 Bronco I am running 5.8L M.A.F out of a 89 Mustang P.C.M Engine build Mild cam,Edelbrock in take ,long tube headers Aluminum Heads it is full roller Motor.the E4ODE i am running Quick4 Trans Control.My thought is to upgrade the Engine Control to something with the ability to program to my set up.There are so dam meany to choose from has any one used any type or have experience/advise in that type of swap most of them use a wide band O2 and back to Speed Density with a new type of M.A.P sensor.Any Thought will be Help full Thank you All
Roberto74
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco - Full Cage - 347 with 4R70W - Swinger Steering - Q80's - Kings

Re: EEC4 up grade or not?

Post by Roberto74 »

I went with Mega Squirt...no regrets..its infinitely tune able down to Stoich on Wide Band 02's etc. Spent a year playing around with EECs via Ford...could not get them to work right..800.00 for Mega, runs good now.
tlatoolman
Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 6 inch lift convertded to Mass Air Flow looking to re do front and rear to long trivel

Post by tlatoolman »

Thank you for you Help.i was think the same thing and have the problem with EEC it works fine with stock engine but after you do a lot of engine mods it lacks/and restrict a lot
Roberto74
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco - Full Cage - 347 with 4R70W - Swinger Steering - Q80's - Kings

Post by Roberto74 »

Yep, I went from Speed Density to MAF, via Fiveology, and it worked with a Cobra EEC, on a stock 302, but once I went to a stroker, it ran like crap. My Motor was built to be reliable, and my cam is mild, and heads are only mildly ported...nothing nuts, so pretty annoying it wouldn't run right meaning I feel your pain. I finally went to a Megasquirt , and found a good dyno shop to tune it. Honestly the tuning is everything..Motor easy, tuning makes the difference 1000% ..Good Luck!
tlatoolman

Post by tlatoolman »

Yep i will need the luck.there is no rush so I have the time to plan it out.the tuner part will be the hard part here in Yuma.so it will most likely be Me little by little.I think when I went to good Heads,Intake With BBK Throttle Body my M.A.F./is match to the fuel Inj. But the stock Mustang P.C.M it is chocking down So Megasquirt here we Go!!
Roberto74

Post by Roberto74 »

I am not sure if you can get a baseline and go from there, on Mega, check it out.. I originally had a chip burnt for EEC, but it never worked right, other then keeping engine from stalling..sort of..lol...For Mega, I had to write down all my stuff ( injector size etc ), and hand it the the Tuner, plus Cam, heads..you know all this this. If you can tune yourself, even slowly, you the man..me, nope..I was terrified so I had someone else do it:). If you need the one I got, I can go work find the box....
tlatoolman

Post by tlatoolman »

yep Know there are some base line tunes out there to help modern Day tuning is lot more in depth that it use to be Jets,weight and Springs The old School Stuff do you rember I do.I thought about the Burner way to but the Cons out weigh the Pros not worth it.I will give it a shout and how it goes I am terrified to but you Learn new tricks some time I will keep you informed Be Safe