Newbie Suspension questions

Droolsport
Bronco Info: 1990 XLT with 351W 4" rancho lift

Post by Droolsport »

Looking to upgrade my 1990 Bronco and need some info/advice. It currently has a 4" Drop Beam lift quad shock front with a rear dif and leafs out of a similar year f250 and spacer blocks.

1. Would there be any benefit to running a longer radius arm with the stock beams and this lift? Looking to upgrade to CnT beams in the future.

2. Are those f250 leafs to stiff for a Bronco? Looking at Procomp 4" lift springs as better alternative and keeping $$ reasonable for me.

Thanks

E
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Newbie Suspension questions

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Yes, longer radius arms will be better than a stock radius arm & drop bracket, which I'm assuming is what is on there now.

For the F-250 leafs - do they feel stiff? The bronco rear ends are heavier than the trucks, BUT the F-250 springs may have been designed to have some weight in the bed. Either way the procomp springs are probably a better alternative as you'd get to ditch the blocks.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Just curious. The rear axle in your Bronco has 5 lugs, shouldn't it have 8 lugs if it out of a F250?
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

My .02,

If you’re going to go with a “lift kit” I would try to piece together a used one, plenty of guys on here have ran them temporarily and will likely sell at a fraction of the cost with minimal wear. You will want to go to a c&t very quickly, at least that was my experience.

As for the rear springs, I wouldn’t bother with anything other than deavers, again, people on here sometimes sell them cheap, I’ve bought two sets now for $300 & $350, I had deaver go through them for another $200 and now the rear of my truck is basically done.

I suggest throwing up a wanted ad for both of those things, and see what kind of feed back you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Droolsport

Post by Droolsport »

Thanks for the feedback. I was told the rear dif and springs were F250 and the dif cover matches 10.25 but it does have 5 lug axles?

Good idea on the want ad
Droolsport

Post by Droolsport »

After further review it is a 8.8 dif.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

That makes more sense. Almost asked yesterday if you looked at that.

Not that it changes my opinion on anything I posted above, but are you sure the leafs are F-250 stuff?
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects