Front Brakes 4x4

96Brawnco
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0 4X4 All Black

Front Brakes 4x4

Post by 96Brawnco »

Might be a dumb question but im unsure. I have a 96 bronco 4x4 and i need to replace my front rotors. is the metal housing that covers the spindle and my hub disconnect from the rotor or do i need to buy rotors that have the metal sleeve on it? If so then does anybody know a company that makes slotted rotors with the metal sleeve?
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Front Brakes 4x4

Post by Tchajagos »

The hubs and rotors are only held together by the wheels studs. If you knock them out the hub and rotor come right apart. You will also have to remove the abs tone ring on the inside of the hub/rotor for the rotor to slip off the hub.
arse_sidewards
Bronco Info: 94 F150, 133"+8ft, 4x4, 4.9, E4OD, lots of rust

Re: Front Brakes 4x4

Post by arse_sidewards »

In Commeifornia you can probably fart on it and the rotor will fall off the hub. In Maine or Michigan you're gonna have to work a little harder. A rotor that's been pinned to the back of the hub for 5+yr is unlikely to "slip" off in any part of the country that uses road salt. Depending on where you are it may or may not come apart one its own once the studs are out.
'94 F150, 4.9L, lockers at both ends
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Re: Front Brakes 4x4

Post by PaulW »

The cop car rotors are an exact fit on the '96. They are interchangeable with pickups/Broncos at least for '96.
No issues about details you are asking they are direct replacement for stock. Slotted and drilled and expensive compared to stock. The also last a long time based on my use.