Driveshaft questions ?

wookiee156
Bronco Info: 1988 full sise aka "The Blue Mare" soon to be prerunner / chaserig

Driveshaft questions ?

Post by wookiee156 »

Hey doodes my driveshaft is toast and I cannot seem to decide what to do as far as rebuilding or buying a new one from Jeff’s as I’m easily confused and well thought I should get the gfb community’s opinion.?? Hopefully this is not a subject that’s been beaten to death. If someone has a link to a thread that I couldn’t find thanks
Thanks again
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Re: Driveshaft questions ?

Post by PaulW »

Today I bought all the rebuild parts for a shaft on another rig. $106 for the CV Ball kit and $13 for each of the 3 U-joints. Al lot less expense compared to a new shaft from a vendor. My slip joint was good. Take the old part with you or get the part numbers from one of the vendors or here on this forum from one of the guys.
wookiee156

Post by wookiee156 »

:D Thanks I was kinda thinking the same thing I don’t think I can make it much worse :)
wookiee156

Post by wookiee156 »

PaulW wrote:Today I bought all the rebuild parts for a shaft on another rig. $106 for the CV Ball kit and $13 for each of the 3 U-joints. Al lot less expense compared to a new shaft from a vendor. My slip joint was good. Take the old part with you or get the part numbers from one of the vendors or here on this forum from one of the guys.
I just wanted to post I picked up a rebuild kit from Jeff’s for $75 (3 joints and the peice that goes in the cardigan) plus $8 for ubolts It only took a week to ship so hopefully this might help someone else with the same problem