Need help with bronco

Hazard235
Bronco Info: 1990 bronco in need of love

Need help with bronco

Post by Hazard235 »

Hey GFB. I bought my 90 xlt for 750. I need to get it cali smogged. The pre test said the cat was bad as it failed. Now there are 2 cats on the rig. Im not sure which one is bad. But one of 2 are bad. Would replacing the one by the muffler improve chances its also the cheaper one.

Another issue i am having is in 4 lo or 4 hi or 2 hi if i am creeping over off camper banks etc. It starts making a cracking noise before i start pouring money into the front anyone no of any where to point?
Thanks
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: None Anymore!

Re: Need help with bronco

Post by S00TLYFE »

take a hammer or wrench and tap on the cats, if its deteriorated, it will sound like sand is inside the cat, that's the one that's bad. personally, I would find "another method" of getting it smogged if I was in your position, MUCH cheaper in the long run.
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
Hazard235
Bronco Info: 1990 bronco in need of love

Post by Hazard235 »

Thats a good idea.its only 100 bucks for the little cat which is no big deal. The front one is the pain in the a$$ one....i cant find anyone that will do the other method.
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

S00TLYFE wrote:take a hammer or wrench and tap on the cats, if its deteriorated, it will sound like sand is inside the cat, that's the one that's bad. personally, I would find "another method" of getting it smogged if I was in your position, MUCH cheaper in the long run.
Lol other method for the win. If you replace either cat don't cheap out and get some catco crap replacement, eventually that too will deteriorate faster than a better quality cat and could clog causing severe drivability issues
Potato.