Suggestions for current suspension

end user
Bronco Info: 88 lifted 6"

Post by end user »

Ok I'm on a limited budget atm as I'm probably gonna get my tranny rebuilt and maybe the engine but this will be after the suspension work. Body first, suspension, tranny, engine. So what I want from the truck is good street driveability and be able to go fast with out bleeding kidneys on forestry/dirt roads. \ Eventually (two years) I'll go with more advanced front suspension but don't need anything that will do Baja 1000.

Currently I have a 6" lift and 35" tires. I've attached photos of the current lift. I plant of having all the bushings and tie rods replaced/upgraded soon. So need suggestions to get the most of out the current setup. I'm also going to get Blistein 51** shocks as the Pro Comp ES 9000 are rough. I guess for the rear I'd go with Deaver leafs and remove the stupid lift block but not sure about the front. Would like for now to be 0 fabrication (ie welding) if possible.
Attachments
_4100103.jpg
_4100103.jpg (187.49 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
_4100102.jpg
_4100102.jpg (231.42 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
_4100101.jpg
_4100101.jpg (188.09 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
_4100100.jpg
_4100100.jpg (237.59 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
_4100099.jpg
_4100099.jpg (235.73 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
_4100098.jpg
_4100098.jpg (259.1 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
end user

Re: Suggestions for current suspension

Post by end user »

More files
Attachments
_4100104.jpg
_4100104.jpg (170.79 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
_4100098.jpg
_4100098.jpg (259.1 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

http://www.solomotorsports.com/products ... rd-bronco/

A stage one kit would be a great base for which to build upon in the future. Don't dismiss it right off the bat. Cost out the work you have planned and labor versus what is in the solo kit. That lift looks to be in rough shape.
end user

Post by end user »

I'd love to but atm no way could I afford a whole new set up. With CDN exchange rate that kit would cost me $2900 ($350 core) after shipping and 12% more if I was charged tax at the border. For that much I could get new shocks, have the whole front rebuilt, new Deavers for the back.

I guess for now I'll just replace all the tie rods/bushing/ball joints get Blistein 51** and Deavers for the rear.
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

Ya, didn't catch the whole Canadian thing. Personally you could go with a cut and turn for the lift and dump the brackets. Gets you down to 4" but can still run the larger tires. There is a member here Baja Dale and his business is in Canada. Not sure of proximity but here is his site http://www.bajanorth.ca/index.php/projects
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/bajanorth

Possibly give him a call.
end user

Post by end user »

Yah should have mentioned that I'm in Canada. As for Baja North. Well I phoned twice, someone took my message and never returned my calls lol. I think what I'll do do for now is refresh the bushing/tie rods and start searching for used c&t beams. Since my truck is 6" lift I don't think I'd be able to use the Deavers if I got them now with the TTB if its only 4" lift? Also since my Pro Comp ES 9000 shots are pretty new (well sat for 4 years and used for 1 hear on road) I might as well wit till to replace them after I get all the TTB and rear springs done.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

If you are talking about the deaver J40s through bronco grave yard then they will work with the front deavers coils through that site too. You can run the front deaver 5.5 coils with a cut/turn and camber bushings on the top balljoints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

Tchajagos wrote:If you are talking about the deaver J40s through bronco grave yard then they will work with the front deavers coils through that site too. You can run the front deaver 5.5 coils with a cut/turn and camber bushings on the top balljoints.

The deaver coils are too tall and the nose will point up. I did the J40s and those coils and had to fab new taller coil buckets.
My car is a hybrid; it burns gas and rubber.
Phoenix0783

Post by Phoenix0783 »

damon1272 wrote:Ya, didn't catch the whole Canadian thing. Personally you could go with a cut and turn for the lift and dump the brackets. Gets you down to 4" but can still run the larger tires. There is a member here Baja Dale and his business is in Canada. Not sure of proximity but here is his site http://www.bajanorth.ca/index.php/projects
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/bajanorth

Possibly give him a call.
end user wrote:Yah should have mentioned that I'm in Canada. As for Baja North. Well I phoned twice, someone took my message and never returned my calls lol. I think what I'll do do for now is refresh the bushing/tie rods and start searching for used c&t beams. Since my truck is 6" lift I don't think I'd be able to use the Deavers if I got them now with the TTB if its only 4" lift? Also since my Pro Comp ES 9000 shots are pretty new (well sat for 4 years and used for 1 hear on road) I might as well wit till to replace them after I get all the TTB and rear springs done.
Dale is a stand up guy. Definitely recommend him.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Phoenix0783 wrote:
Tchajagos wrote:If you are talking about the deaver J40s through bronco grave yard then they will work with the front deavers coils through that site too. You can run the front deaver 5.5 coils with a cut/turn and camber bushings on the top balljoints.

The deaver coils are too tall and the nose will point up. I did the J40s and those coils and had to fab new taller coil buckets.
How long did you run them before you made the new buckets? Did you let them settle? Did you run fiberglass up front?
Phoenix0783

Post by Phoenix0783 »

Tchajagos wrote:
Phoenix0783 wrote:The deaver coils are too tall and the nose will point up. I did the J40s and those coils and had to fab new taller coil buckets.
How long did you run them before you made the new buckets? Did you let them settle? Did you run fiberglass up front?
Zero. I bought them and built the buckets at the same time. No fiberglass.
end user

Post by end user »

Phoenix0783 wrote:
Dale is a stand up guy. Definitely recommend him.
Maybe so but I left two messages with two different people at the shop to get a quote on Fiberwerx glass. Waited a week, called was told someone will call back, called back next day to leave a second phone # and was told buddy was sic... So that's my experience. Ended up with McNeil as I'm in a budget, just waiting for the glass to arrive.