McNeil fiberglass quality?

end user
Bronco Info: 88 lifted 6"

Post by end user »

Not sure how I missed this page but looks likes they have glass from my front style 1987-1991 Bronco http://mcneilracinginc.com/1987-1991-bronco/

How is their quality? I was planning on Autofab which I hear is quite good but with the CDN dollars and being $300 more I'm willing to sacrifice a little in quality :P: I'd also like to order the front and rear at the same time to hopefully save on shipping BUT being that the exchange rate sucks and its not possible to show up at the shop and bitch if the glass fit is shit I need to make sure its good from the start.
damon1272

Re: McNeil fiberglass quality?

Post by damon1272 »

Spend the money and go autofab. You will be happy with their glass.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

damon1272 wrote:Spend the money and go autofab. You will be happy with their glass.
X2
end user

Post by end user »

I'd love to do with Autofab but after xchange rate I'd be looking at $1,799.45 Canadian for the front fenders and read quarters and that's not including $300 CDN+ for shipping + taxes if I pick it up in Blaine and bring it over the border. So after tax Id be looking at $2300!! At that price I could get most of the rust fixed on the truck and probably painted.

I was looking at Fiberwerx but don't want to do a front end conversion as it would be hard to find a donor truck front clip.

So If McNeil is out how is Hanneman fiberglass? They seem to have front fenders for 87-91 Broncos.
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

can you drive the bronco across the border == have it installed and drive back across?
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
end user

Post by end user »

No I'm screwed for anything like that as all fibreglass seems to be in California. If it was in Seattle or closer to CDN border would be awesome as I'd get the wife to pick it up so if the panels were crap could drive to return them. If I could find a front clip from a 92+ locally I could do the conversion but it'll be forever to find one and I know some jack ass will want $$$$ for it.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

McNeil is hit or miss. My second set of the same bedsides fit 10x better the second time. I have mounted something from just about every fiberglass company and Autofab is by far the best fit and easiest, you just pay for it. All other glass just needs more finesse.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

I haven't mounted McQueen glass but I here it's on par with Autofab.
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

I have dealt with pretty much every fiberglass company over the years and honestly you get what you pay for. I realize importing fees are knarly. I could help you if a pick up in Spokane Washington would help.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

McQueens quality is beautiful...
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

cs_drums wrote:I have mounted something from just about every fiberglass company and Autofab is by far the best fit and easiest, you just pay for it.Image All other glass just needs more finesse.
cs_drums wrote:I haven't mounted McQueen glass but I here it's on par with Autofab.
I will second the above.

Hannemann is good quality & laid up a bit thicker than McNeil. Needs a little more time in fitment than Autofab, but not as much as McNeil in the installs I've done
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
end user

Post by end user »

hollandermotorsports wrote:I have dealt with pretty much every fiberglass company over the years and honestly you get what you pay for. I realize importing fees are knarly. I could help you if a pick up in Spokane Washington would help.
Thanks for the offer. I can get them shipped to Blaine and wife can pick them up. Should be no duties and hopefully if the border guy is not a dick wont have to pay 12% tax.
end user

Post by end user »

How are glass works fenders? http://glassworksunlimited.com/products ... are-3-rise

I emailed off McNeil and haven't got a reply for a week. Also tried a shop in my province (BC) that deals with Fibererx and I guess they don't want my money since they never returned my calls even though they said someone would call back the same day.

Pissing me off should have ordered them we the CDN dollar was on par lol.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Glassworks stuff is on par with Hanemman from what I have dealt with. Not quite autofab fitment but not horrible either. It's worth shooting them a call & seeing if they will return a call.

In my experience the owner Tim is very hit & miss to deal with though & from what I've read on forums over the years people have had to try & hunt him down to get glass they were promised by him. Unfortunately it seems a lot of the fiberglass people have been around the fumes too long & it's ruined their business sense...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
end user

Post by end user »

Ok screw McNeil they never returned any of my emails. Gonna pass on Glassworks after reading on them some more and gonna go with Hannamann for the fronts (although don't really want such a huge bulge) and Fiberwerx for the rear quarters. Hannamann answered all my emails with in hours so love the fast communication and Fiberwerx was a few days but at least they replied.
end user

Post by end user »

Ok small update. It was my **** up for McNeil not replying to me :toothless so need to owe up to it On their contact page I guess I read their email wrong I thought it stated Sales:mcneilracing@gmail.com (I thought it was mcneilracing@gmail.com) when in fact its sales.mcneailracing@gmail.com

So forget what I said about them lol they replied fast. :smilie_slap