Good leveling kit as base for future mods

zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

So I've been trying to decide between the Jeff's Bronco Graveyard or the Rough Country leveling coils, the obvious differences are price; $190 and $130 respectively, and the JBG kit comes with a pair of adjustable alignment bushings, both kits also lift the front end 1.5-2". Anyone use either kit? My rig right now is mostly stock with the dual shock setup on some old Monroe's, and I'm running 31" Goodyears. I may or may not install new shocks as soon as I get the leveling kit, leaning towards Bilstein 5100's, but open to considering other suggestions. Either way, I'm throwing on new shocks front and rear sooner or later. My Bronc is a budget trail/weekend driver, but I have plans to make it handle mild whoops at reasonable speeds in the future, nothing crazy, just wanna be able to cruise over rough stuff out in ocotillo every so often. So who has experience with either setup? Is it a good idea to use either as a base for a mild build up? And I'd like to avoid any unusual tire wear and annoying overly negative or positive front end camber, so kinda leaning towards the JBG kit because of the adjustable bushings, which from what I've heard on FSB will supposedly solve any alignment issues.
Potato.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Just keep the stock springs and through some 5100 and 33x12.5
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

Run that till you have the $$ to do s nice kit. I set up my wife's bronco stock with 33s looks stout and no unneeded money spent.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

ImageImageImage
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Re: Good leveling kit as base for future mods

Post by zachwabbit »

Yeah I got a set of worn 33" Toyo Open Country's sittin in my barn, but I'm not throwin em on yet cuz my 31s have 90% tread still and I'm not ready to regear my 8.8 to handle the 33s right now. Also I kinda want a leveling kit to actually level out my Bronco and get rid of the factory rake. And I've heard from guys on FSB that you can't run 5100's on otherwise stock suspension because of the length difference, anyone have any experience to prove otherwise? Will 5100's on stock coils lift the front a little?
Potato.
dunc92
Bronco Info: 92 bronco, rebuilt 351 with gt40 heads, headers, edelbrock intake. 33's

Re: Good leveling kit as base for future mods

Post by dunc92 »

I run f250 coils, lifted the front 1.5-2". I happy with the ride and the look. I fit 33's with a little bumper trimming.