Picture size

Drew
Bronco Info: Just picked up a 95 bronco stock. Ready to make it go fast....lol

Picture size

Post by Drew »

How the hell do I make the pictures smaller from an iPad. Can't post pics it says there to big. Lol
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Picture size

Post by Travisfab »

Drew wrote:How the hell do I make the pictures smaller from an iPad. Can't post pics it says there to big. Lol
Upload them to a site like photobucket
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

See if " minima" is available, it a free app photo resizer.they have it for I phones maybe its available for iPads too.
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Nice thing about photobucket is under settings you can specify the pic size. 640x480 is correct for any web site or any email. Does not make an sense to use higher resolution because the viewer cannot display more resolution. I had to resort to photobucket for several sites I visit because it was the only way to post pics. Photobucket allows multiple folders for each of your favorite subject.
PW
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

What about photobucket privacy settings? The app I listed only converts they are not stored on a server outside of your control.
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

Rmc wrote:What about photobucket privacy settings? The app I listed only converts they are not stored on a server outside of your control.

If you want a picture to be private, dont upload it to the internet!
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Obviously Travis, my point was with photobucket anyone can see it, with other sites you control who can view it. I dont want some creepy f*c[ers looking at pictures of my kids. It was more of a statement of awareness. That why I suggested your media never leave your control by resizing and only releasing pictures you chose as an alternative to using some server some place to do that for you. No one should be dependent on a server to resize photos for posting or emailing purposes.
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Rmc wrote:What about photobucket privacy settings? The app I listed only converts they are not stored on a server outside of your control.
====
If you are worried about privacy then you should not be using the Internet.
Once you post a pic it becomes public for all to see and all to steal and use for their own purposes.
Do not post things you want to be private.
Read this
http://support.photobucket.com/entries/ ... -Explained
PW
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Y'all have fun making your pics public I'm cool converting them myself and choosing what to release. I don't choose to make all aspects of my life part of the public domain. Apparently you guys are so stricken with proving your point you've missed mine.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Robert - you're welcome to your opinion, but this was asking about posting pics here = on the internet. Anything that is posted here, whether you resize it & then attach or if hosted through photobucket ends up where anyone can see it at any time and save it.

If the photos were not going to put on a forum like this, then most likely they wouldn't be worried about re-sizing them to fit image constraints on a site like this.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

My point was aimed at the suggestion of using photo bucket as a source of file resizing as a whole, there was mention of a maximum size for emailing and other purposes. What pics someone decides to post is their business, how they get to a postable or emailable size is the issue I speak of. Once someone unknowingly decides to use a host server for file compaction they no longer possess it as their own property. Yes you guys are right about what goes on the Internet stays on the internet but wisely choosing a file compaction source is my sole point, I really can't understand why that concept is so hard to grasp. That's why I said ok have fun with that ill be over here doing it my own way. Opinion aside choose wisely. Don't end up like the Facebook generation with a potential interviewer showing you a picture of your selves bong in hand hahaha.
Drew
Bronco Info: Just picked up a 95 bronco stock. Ready to make it go fast....lol

Post by Drew »

Fixed it photobucket.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Word doggy word.
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Its understandable about the reluctance to use Photobucket just to resize a pic. A safe alternative for a PC is open the pic in Paint. Click on resize then save to the desktop and use the smaller pic for posting. Kinda trial & error to get to less than 100k. Whats even easier is to change your Camera/phone to 640x480 and the size should be fine.
PW