Mechanics Contact Info

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Mechanics Contact Info

Post by tcm glx »

Hey guys, Tom had a great suggestion, a thread where we can all put up local mechanics (or not local) that we have used, and recommend. With my brothers tranny going south, we used a old family mechanic from when we used to live in Mexicali, and I would recommend any day of the week and twice on sunday, so a thread here on that would be good. Of additional help, is mechanics that we would need when out romping (so Ensenada, San Felipe, that type of thing for repairs while out!)

Here is what I suggest
City of the Shop:
Name of the Shop:
Phone Number:
Person who should be asked for:
Do they know you personally (name dropping helps)
Specialty if any:
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: Mechanics Contact Info

Post by tcm glx »

Mexicali Baja California
Taller Alex
01152-686-567-51-51
Alex (Goes by Chato, is the owner)
Absolutely know him personally, tell him your friends of Tony Rojo, or Victor Rojo (Been family mechanic for 20 years)
General Mechanics, anything from strokers to oil changes

Corona Ca
Johny Lightning
951-278-2233
Jon
Yes
General (wiring is their specialty, but they do fab, and general maintenance as well)
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

Come on guys... I'm sure you have some good contacts down in Mex... I'm heading down to SF in a week or so and I'll get the contact info I have down there to post...

Tony, thanks for posting your Mechanic's info... I'm going to put him into my phone for future reference and emergency use.
CBDuner
Bronco Info: Wishing I had one!

Post by CBDuner »

If you're ever up playing in the sand, here's where I take my junk to. Plus the owner Chuck is one hell of a wheeling buddy. Everything he drives is "GoFast"!

City of the Shop: Coos Bay, OR
Name of the Shop: Big A Autoworks
Phone Number: 541-888-2800 (Shop) 541-888-2591 (Parts)
Person who should be asked for: Chuck (Owner)
Do they know you personally: Yes, tell him Scott Miller sent you.
Specialty if any: All your basic mechanic stuff on new and old vehicles. Gear installations, lockers, engine rebuilds, exhaust, suspension. Most of the offroad guys in the area go to him. He even knows TTB stuff, wheeled a 95' Ford F150 for years.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Here's a shop I used in Ensenada. Clean, good lifts, concrete floors, great pricing. They went out of their way to help me out.

BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

Here are some good contacts down in San Felipe... good contact info to have just in case...

Juan's a great guy and has fabrication facilities and suspension experience. He's in San Felipe proper:
Auto Servico "Gallo", Juan y Antonio Gallo, web: http://www.galloracing.com address: cālle Manzanillo, #299, San Felipe, BC, phone: 686-577-1337, services: fabrication, welding, general auto mechanical

I found that it's tough to locate grade 8 hardware but found this place that has a great selection:
Materials Huerta, Ruben Huerta, address: Mar Jonico, No 100, San Felipe, BC, phone: (686) 577-1775, services: materials, great supply of grade 8 bolts

If you need motorcycle or quad service, there are two places that are pretty good:
Tito's Moto Service, see: Tito, address: cālle Mar Blanco Sur & cālle Topolobampo, services: quad and motorcycle parts and service

Jamie's Moto Service, Jamie, address: cālle San Felipe, San Felipe, BC services: quad and motorcycle parts and service
shaner17
Bronco Info: 1984 Bronco

Post by shaner17 »

Juan Gallo has helped myself and many other of my family and friends that go down to San Felipe on a regular basis. He drove me back to my camp then dropped off my truck after fixing down in Santa Maria when my alternator went out, he's a great guy! Wish he was in the states.
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

Not really lookin south of the border, but I'm in San Diego and need someone to rebuild my 8.8 and possibly the transfer case and square away some other odds and ends. Anyone know a good shop with decent prices?
Potato.
cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

I'd grab a junk yard 8.8 first, unless you're planning on a full rebuild. Call Ryan at 67 Truck in Lakeside and see what they want for one. As for your TC, Valley Transmission in El Cajon has always been good to me. I've also used SCAR Offroad for a number of odds and ends. The owners name is Nick Baldwin. He's good people.
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

Thanks man, what I thought was a bad u-joint, turned out was my pinion and t-case yoke going out (or at least that's what 4 wheel parts told me). They also said that all four of my ball joints are worn out, and my front bearings may need to be repacked, not sure how much of it to take with a grain of salt but the guys there seem like they know what they're doing, their prices are just way too high for my tire buster budget
Potato.