PBR
Founder

NEW BRONCO!!!

Post by PBR »

Thoughts?
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Re: NEW BRONCO!!!

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I want to drive one now. As a daily driver, it looks like it would be a great vehicle. I hope it is comfortable inside for a big guy. For a Saturday or Sunday trail runner it looks fun. Maybe the dunes, because it looks light weight and the Turbo version should be nice power and optional 35" tires with lockers in front and rear. But with all the Bell's and whistles it's over $60k now that is a bit much. The base Model is around $28k so not bad.

I do like the Blue.
Since I am in the market for a daily driver and not a Beast of a off road rig, but still want a 4x4 for the daily driver. I might consider the base model.

For the Money, A OBS Bronco or even a Early Bronco can be built to be a faster rig, so it comes down to preferences in the end.

I like the 2 & 4 door version's, and the Sport has it's place, but the top does not come off ImageImage.

The cool thing is all the options and you know there will be a ton more to come from the aftermarket in the future.

Not to bad in the end. It could and ended up looking like a Subaru ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4WPRusty
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco. Caged, Linked and Loud

Post by 4WPRusty »

I love it. The TTB version kicks ass.
Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 11.30.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 11.30.09 AM.png (815.47 KiB) Viewed 2918 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Now that TTB version would be sweet!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Post by DMbronco »

Must admit, considering recent trends in modern vehicles, I had low expectations for this.

I figured there was no way a solid axle would make its way in so the IFS doesnt surprise or bother me.
This rig will do what my bronco can't; get 20mpg and maybe squeeze down tighter trails.

Just put down a deposit with my local dealership; Ken Grody Carlsbad can thank Josh for being their greatest ambassador.
We'll see with CV19, etc how realistic Spring 2021 delivery date is.

Next step is to work with the Ford folks in fall for optioning and so there is a lot of time between now and then to scrutinize all details.

First impression:
2 door no doubt- wheelbase 100.4' is 8" longer than an early bronco and 5 inches shorter than our fullsize.
I like the low crawl ratio and ability to flat tow the manual option.
4 banger has a turbo and 270hp/370tq- curb weight projected 3800-4200lbs
no carpet, vinyl seats, simple little runabout.
base model with the Sasquatch package (locking diffs, beadlocks, 35s)
will be interesting to see if those particular rigs are leaving the factory with different gear ratios..

Lots of cool little details all over the truck:

repsoted from new bronco forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onsPobKT6xc

Locking diffs, 35s and beadlocks available, i dig

more details here

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/da ... eup_HR.pdf

how it matches up size wise with previous generations

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3327 ... d-broncos/
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Very tempting, want to test drive one.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

If I can, I want to rent one for a weekend before I buy one. We will see, a test drive might change everything.

VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

The front differential choice and the complete lack of attempt to make the flares and wheel aches correct is just awful in my eyes. No way I’d buy one til the 3rd year. Sasquatch package — sorry but the B team obviously was in charge of this design— Sasquatch package.. are you kidding me??
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

I love it. Really digging the wildtrack package in the four door. So much cool technology wrapped into the package. Sign me up, I want one in red or white!
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

VintageIronFab wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:16 pm
The front differential choice and the complete lack of attempt to make the flares and wheel aches correct is just awful in my eyes. No way I’d buy one til the 3rd year. Sasquatch package — sorry but the B team obviously was in charge of this design— Sasquatch package.. are you kidding me??
I laughed my ass off on the sasquatch nomenclature and many other cringeworthy buzz words the millenial marketing team came up with- their reveal video and 'made wild' bullshit almost had me hating ford for a second- but let's be honest- you're caught up in the semantics right?

All sasquatch means is fully locking selectable differential(S!) from the factory, upgraded transfer case, presumably steeper gearing, beadlocks and the real final tire size with accuracy on odo/speedo

that is hot shit no matter what they call it.

I've got 3 grand into dropping ARB's in my real bronco- to have that selectable capability factory out the box is excellent.
Really, factor in the cost of parts and labor on appopriate gears to match the bigger tires we run.

Don't forget to dick around with the PSOM for your speedo calibration.
Don't to forget the custom tune so your E4OD knows you're running 4.56's and 35's now and shifts accordingly.
And all the logisitics of making that happen.

Throw in Beadlocks and 35s too? And if the truck comes from Ford like that- then warranty is still a greenlight? MONEY and TIME and peace of mind ahead.

SOLD. you can call it the my little pony package- really doesn't matter. speaking of, -----> dibs on that name for my new bronco next year <-------

Speaking of that front diff; I heard it's a Dana 44 just like the rear- interested to see if it's in print somewhere yet. If it's equivalent to our 44s- I see no issues on a rig around 4K curbweight.

I am a have my cake and eat it too type of guy-

I already have a gas guzzling 96 with a nice big windsor that dances through the desert faster than I should be driving anything in the dirt.
It is the perfect tool for that job.

I also have a 7.3 crewcab from 2000 vintage that has shown me the benefits of forced induction, and reminded me of what a solid front axle feels like.
It does the jobs I need it to do.

If both of those rigs are 'forever trucks' for me- then anything else I acquire is extending their lives and if it's new can be considered expendable like most new vehicles.

These new little broncos are never going to do the job of our big broncos- and if they did (especailly at 12mpg) I wouldn't have a use for one.

Now, you talk about what the 2021 brings to the table and it's entirely different. 20+ MPG, 4x4, manual, convertible, doesn't look too shabby- yeah- that's something I can dig.
That's a sweet little daily driver that is in line with my company ride (2019 AWD GMC Acadia) in terms of interior room, MPG, weight to hp ratio etc.

Legroom is said to be 41" interestingly enough- right where the big broncos are at..Ranger I sat in seemed big enough for me at 6'6"... fingers crossed...

Yeah, I'll take all that at .9% APR and see how I like it; I've only been waiting for a new Bronco for 24 years.

Now, if we could just count on some company coming up with some fender flares, we'd be all set.
I'll set the over/under on 6 options by summer of 2021
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

I got my reservation, with reservations, hahaha. I too can't wait to acgually sit in one to see if it might be a replacement for my wife's JKU. Here are some pics I've been collecting alongImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Actually...

robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

I reserved a WildtrakImage

PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Predicted first drive for a Sport suv in January
The real Bronco many months later
Product announced way before production begins. Expect a shoddy build.
Wrightracing.net

PaulW wrote:Predicted first drive for a Sport suv in January
The real Bronco many months later
Product announced way before production begins. Expect a shoddy build.
I hope not, but now days who knows. I hope they step up and do it right.

1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

I'd buy one but we don't have a daughter to drive it.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

1Hondalover wrote:I'd buy one but we don't have a daughter to drive it.
LOLZ

robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

More picsImage

hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Carly's may go up for sale. Family first and all the vehicles in my fleet are either at or over 100k miles. For me it's a good compromise. Full warranty not bad looking (fenders and bumpers arent typically too difficult to fab) and all the things I wanted with Carly's bronco. It'll be a sad day but a new bronco with 0 miles and I don't have to worry about making sure momma has the ability to drop off the kids at school in the morning is good. Also 4wd and the modes Ford offers makes me feel better when we get snow or washout and my family has to go somewhere. Long shots but what I think about. Better fuel mileage (bronco was going to be what we traveled in when the girls started racing nationals for cargo space) so that helps.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

Pops snapped a couple pics of his early bronco next to one of the new ones at KOH.

Also saw some videos on youtube of the test rides they were offering; some of those drivers were hammering down. Looks good.