Pressure Washer Recommendations

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Pressure Washer Recommendations

Post by SteveG »

I’m looking at buying a decent pressure washer... don’t need anything crazy, but I want it to be decent. A friend has a Honda powered model that works great (and I’m partial to Honda engines).

Anyone have a recommendation? I’m hoping to spend under $400-ish.

Thanks!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Re: Pressure Washer Recommendations

Post by 1Hondalover »

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

1Hondalover wrote:Ye shall seek: https://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/
Do you have one of those? Which one and how long have you had it. I have been wanting to get one also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Steven said "Honda power" and he'd be correct in gas so I assume he was after a gas powered unit.

You ask "which one of those?" David......which one? There are tons of both gas and electric on that site.

I personally have thrown enough electric models away over the years, so I'm about to pull the trigger on an AR630TSS-HOT.

Though I do run hot soft water through them to wash toys, so maybe not entirely fair I complain the Big Box models don't last long......
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

1Hondalover wrote:Steven said "Honda power" and he'd be correct in gas so I assume he was after a gas powered unit.

You ask "which one of those?" David......which one? There are tons of both gas and electric on that site.

I personally have thrown enough electric models away over the years, so I'm about to pull the trigger on an AR630TSS-HOT.

Though I do run hot soft water through them to wash toys, so maybe not entirely fair I complain the Big Box models don't last long......
Oh, I was going by the ones that came up in the link specifically, I thought the link was to one on that page.

Ya, I am going to do a cold water one. But I always wondered if I hookup my hot water heater to the pressure washer, would it hurt the pressure washer ImageImage

I am probably looking in the 2500 -3000 psi gas motor range and I want to stay under $300

redrdr67
Bronco Info: 1999 F350, 1999 E350, 1995 F150 2WD

Post by redrdr67 »

Regarding Honda engines, try to get the GX series as opposed to the GC series. GX is OHV, cast iron sleeve, ball bearing on crank ends. GC is OHC, timing belt, no cast iron sleeve, basically a residential engine, whereas GX is commercial grade
Wrightracing.net

redrdr67 wrote:Regarding Honda engines, try to get the GX series as opposed to the GC series. GX is OHV, cast iron sleeve, ball bearing on crank ends. GC is OHC, timing belt, no cast iron sleeve, basically a residential engine, whereas GX is commercial grade
That is great information on the motor to know, thank you.
I have been a Honda fan on motorcycles for off-road for many years, I still have a 1975 XL350Image

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

redrdr67 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:38 pm
Regarding Honda engines, try to get the GX series as opposed to the GC series. GX is OHV, cast iron sleeve, ball bearing on crank ends. GC is OHC, timing belt, no cast iron sleeve, basically a residential engine, whereas GX is commercial grade
Agreed! Great info. Thanks!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

redrdr67 wrote:
Haha. I was afraid the GX would drive the price up... another $250 bucks... hmmm. I wonder if it’s worth the extra expense. This is just for home use.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
redrdr67

Post by redrdr67 »

SteveG wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:16 pm
redrdr67 wrote:
Haha. I was afraid the GX would drive the price up... another $250 bucks... hmmm. I wonder if it’s worth the extra expense. This is just for home use.
Yeah, for home use, the GC is sufficient. Normally the pressure washer pump takes a crap first. I have never seen a belt failure on it's own to be honest. Stay on top of the oil changes, because the timing pulley/camshaft is plastic. Man, I feel honored to contribute something for you guys. LOL
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

redrdr67 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:27 am
SteveG wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:16 pm
redrdr67 wrote:
Yeah, for home use, the GC is sufficient. Normally the pressure washer pump takes a crap first. I have never seen a belt failure on it's own to be honest. Stay on top of the oil changes, because the timing pulley/camshaft is plastic. Man, I feel honored to contribute something for you guys. LOL
Haha. It's a good contribution!

Change oil? On small engines? That's a thing?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Sho nuff,
SteveG
redrdr67

Post by redrdr67 »

"Change oil? On small engines? That's a thing?"

LOL!

"Here's one I was looking at.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/simpso ... 60652.html"

Seems kinda high, but not sure. Even with the GC engines, I've seen pump failures more than engine failures. Maybe the engine runs with no water running through the pump. That would cause premature pump failure. If you want these lower priced models to last, just don't use it a lot. hahaha
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

what are you using it for? Any particular reason you want gas over electric?
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

also, my thoughts on having used both an electric pressure washer, and a gas one.

Gas = more power.
Gas = LOUD
Gas = must have fuel around
Gas = constant on. Throttle adjusts, but it's on until you're done.

Electric = less power
Electric = quiet
Electric = on-demand power. Auto shuts off when not actively spraying.
Electric = Requires power cord.

Most pressure washers come with a 25ft wand hose. This is waaaaay too short. To wash your car you end up having to move the pressure washer multiple times, dragging the water hose around, running over the wand hose etc. Park the pressure washer near it's source, and get a long pressure hose. You'll be much happier not having to move the pressure washer once you turn it on.

watch these videos. He does a lot of comparison and checking regarding pressure and GPM. GPM is more important than pressure, as pressure is just a matter of restriction, whereas GPM is cleaning power. For misc household use and toy washing, electric is my preference. Especially if you get a nicer one semi-perm mounted and use a hose reel for the pressure hose. If you need it mobile, gas can be nice not needing a power cord.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... TF-K3fx99g
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

Becks_Bronco wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:48 am

Electric = Auto shuts off when not actively spraying.
Not always Will.....
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

1Hondalover wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:33 am
Becks_Bronco wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:48 am

Electric = Auto shuts off when not actively spraying.
Not always Will.....
funny you say that, because i drug mine out to wash my work truck and its doing something weird where it pulses while not spraying. Runs fine while spraying.

All of the higher end models should have auto-shutoff.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

redrdr67 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:16 pm
"Change oil? On small engines? That's a thing?"

LOL!

"Here's one I was looking at.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/simpso ... 60652.html"

Seems kinda high, but not sure. Even with the GC engines, I've seen pump failures more than engine failures. Maybe the engine runs with no water running through the pump. That would cause premature pump failure. If you want these lower priced models to last, just don't use it a lot. hahaha
So what’s your recommendation?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
redrdr67

Post by redrdr67 »

To be honest, pick one with a Honda engine under your budget with the most number of reviews, along with the highest reviews, like 4.5+. That's what I would recommend. Since I don't know enough about pumps(quality and durability), I wouldn't want to recommend any one. Another thing I just thought of, if the pump housing had the ability to change oil, I'd imagine it would be more durable than one that doesn't. Just my .02
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Lots of wasted discussion on gas motors . Important only for commercial use and most of us have only occasional use.
Beck said what is important. Do not ignore
=== === ===
watch these videos. He does a lot of comparison and checking regarding pressure and GPM. GPM is more important than pressure, as pressure is just a matter of restriction, whereas GPM is cleaning power. For misc household use and toy washing, electric is my preference. Especially if you get a nicer one semi-perm mounted and use a hose reel for the pressure hose. If you need it mobile, gas can be nice not needing a power cord.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... TF-K3fx99g